GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have suggestions on mounting the antenna for an XM Roady. I have the radio on a ram mount on the left handle bar. I originally shortened the antenna and mounted it on the metal plate on the bar also. That antenna went bad os now I have a new one with 20 feet of wire. I was thinking around the trunk area. I hate having all that wire bunched up ant wire tied to the left handle bar. Thanks

·
Banned
1,477 Posts
XM antenna location

Rather than dealing with an extra 20 feet of wire check out "dallasmotorcycles.com"
They have shorter lengths of cable for your antenna available.
You will get a much cleaner install.

·
Registered
43 Posts
XM Antenna

I agree with the Dallas etc short wire post. I did that and got some sticky back velcro and put it on top of the CB controls and its hardly noticable and the reception is as good as it gets. No need to run it to difficult and exotic places unless you just want the challange doing it. It doesn't have to be mounted on metal (even though the instructions say so and Dallasmotorcycle will tell you that it does not need to be) to get great reception.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is Great! I had no idea you could purchase this. Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
I placed my antenna under the left side of dash where it is not visible and out of the weather. It is on oher side of dash from Honda GPS antenna.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I realize that this isn't optimal but I've only had my Wing a couple of weeks now.

I mounted my XM MyFi on a RAM mount off from the clutch reservoir, wrapping the 20' coax around the RAM arm and placed the antenna over the inboard screw on the clutch reservoir. Oddly enough, it stays there. It hasn't come off one time. I remove the whole thing whenever I park my bike.

I intend to mount a plate in that area to give the antenna base a more solid mount.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I put mine on the dash one drop of silicone weatherstrip glue , push windshield foward, run wire along there over to mirror,(hidden) under faring pocket , then, under cover that pops off for instrument housing and GPS up along handlebar, store the extra many feet under the faring pocket,my roady is mounted to the texelent bar near throttle , receives very well on dash, I'm also going to take the GPS antenna out from under the nosepiece and mount it to dash same way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts