GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a real problem getting XM reception on my 2013. Has anyone relocated the OEM antenna from its present location under the windshield to a better location? If so, how difficult was it to do?

·
Registered
16 Posts
You know, waukonwinger, it was a few years ago that I did it, but I believe all you have to do is remove that plastic fairing piece beneath the w/shield and the xm antenna is right there. It was easy to remove and it is held on the dash with a square of Velcro. Let me check on the Wing's service manual and I'll get back to you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well after looking through the service manual it is more involved than I remembered. The windshield, fairing piece below the w/shield (called a visor) and then the xm and gps antennas are mounted on a bracket. I assume that I removed the xm antenna from that bracket and was able to relocate it. It is about 4 pages of the manual to do that, which I can't place here. If you aren't capable I would suggest you confer with your fav Honda mechanic; ask them to do it. Probably $100 in labor I'm guessing. I think you will find it is worth it because I was having the same loss of signal issues prior to relocation. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts