GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tiny wire for the XM roady looks like it might be some kind of micro coax with a wire inside and shielding. Figuring I could never splice something this tiny, I always tie wrapped it in an unsightly bunch.
Can this wire be shortened by cutting and splicing?

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
The tiny wire for the XM roady looks like it might be some kind of micro coax with a wire inside and shielding. Figuring I could never splice something this tiny, I always tie wrapped it in an unsightly bunch.
Can this wire be shortened by cutting and splicing?
You can but you may attenuate the signal you can buy antennas with shorter length but you can also just loose it in the fairing

·
Registered
108 Posts
When I first got my Sirus radio, I used it in the garage (aka.Man Hole) but had to run the antenna outside for signal. Accidently got it caught in the roller/rail and chopped in into about 3 feet from end. I was able to disassemble the pod and desolder/resolder the cable back to the board inside the"pod". Still in use today with no problems. Have since purchased the antenna that resembles a mini satalite dish and is permenately mounted ouside on the back of the house for man hole use. So yes it is possable to "shorten" the length of cable.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. I found an extra antenna and I'm going to try to cut and splice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts