GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have/had four vehicles with XM but I am so tired of trying to keep up with their renewal system I'm done. It seems that we forget to watch for the monthly charges at the end of term and have to call threatening to cancel, then transferred to a CSR to renegotiate another 6mnth or year.

I am now using amazon music, I can listen to HD and super HD music. Sounds much better plus I can download it to phone so no data charges. I also use Pandora which I like as well. I have USB loaded as too.

Anyone else ditched XM and other services.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I negotiated for a one year plan at $60.:)

Reactions: CoolBreeze65

·
Registered
121 Posts
I like the news stations, so I keep it. I re-negotiate the terms every six months.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I also pay $5/month. makes it easy to listen to music. I got that price several years ago when I called to cancel due to the cost. The guy on the other end negotiated me down to $5/month......all I did was say I need to cancel due to only listening to a few stations. They hate cancellations!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I had XM radio for $6 a month and then in June I cancelled it when the 6 month service ended due to both me and my wife's jobs hours were getting cut some. We cut out all unessential expenditures. I haven't missed it but I think I will try this Amazon music. We are Prime members so I will give it a try.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I just came up for renewal - I too was paying $5/mth/vehicle for 2 vehicles plus had weather on the motorcycle. The renewal came at $40/mth. I had replaced my credit card and they are badgering me to pay them - at $40/mth, that is close to $500 a year and not worth it. I can only drive one vehicle at a time. 2 customer service reps have told me that they cannot cancel the service until I pay them. Then they send me free 7 days. I hate the fight at renewal time.
When I mentioned my frustration to my son he also recommended Prime music. Easy to download music, and on shuffle you get a great library of your fav music for no extra cost. Sirius XM is terrible with their renewal policies. They ae sending me1/2 dozen messages daily on two email addresses. I miss the news but not $40/mth worth.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I kept mine for the weather interactive Radar, with the Honda GPS I have avoided several Florida Thunderstorms or at least the worst parts of them with the overlay. I also enjoy the variety of stations-sports etc available. JMHO

Reactions: number18

·
Registered
902 Posts
For those interested I just received this in the mail.

Here is the offer if you have a radio that is not in use.
$5.00 a month for 12 months, No activation fee, plus get a FREE Echo Dot from Amazon.com.
You have to pay for the 12 months up front. It would be $60.00 plus taxes and fees, whatever that is.
Of course there is a $50.00 cancellation fee, which means since you paid for it, you might as well listen to it.
I am not sure, but I believe once you subscribe, SiriusXM will give you a code, so you would then go to Amazon.com and order the Echo Dot and put the code in, so it becomes free. If you are not an amazon member, you may have to pay for shipping, I am not sure.
You have to use a credit card, and as usual, after the 12 months are up you would then be billed at the regular rate...(which could be the "then current rate" ), so you would need to cancel or renew at a different rate then.
For more information go to... siriusxm.com/getmydot or call 1-877-274-3531.
No I don't work for them, just thought I would pass it along.

·
Registered
408 Posts
For those interested I just received this in the mail.

Here is the offer if you have a radio that is not in use.
$5.00 a month for 12 months, No activation fee, plus get a FREE Echo Dot from Amazon.com.
You have to pay for the 12 months up front. It would be $60.00 plus taxes and fees, whatever that is.
Of course there is a $50.00 cancellation fee, which means since you paid for it, you might as well listen to it.
I am not sure, but I believe once you subscribe, SiriusXM will give you a code, so you would then go to Amazon.com and order the Echo Dot and put the code in, so it becomes free. If you are not an amazon member, you may have to pay for shipping, I am not sure.
You have to use a credit card, and as usual, after the 12 months are up you would then be billed at the regular rate...(which could be the "then current rate" ), so you would need to cancel or renew at a different rate then.
For more information go to... siriusxm.com/getmydot or call 1-877-274-3531.
No I don't work for them, just thought I would pass it along.
These bastards aren't getting my credit card ever again. If I do an XM subscription it will be by one of those disposable credit cards you load up with whatever amount of money you want. Let em try to bill me full rate at the end of the year.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
These bastards aren't getting my credit card ever again. If I do an XM subscription it will be by one of those disposable credit cards you load up with whatever amount of money you want. Let em try to bill me full rate at the end of the year.
It is standard operating procedures for so many companies these day where they don't allow you to cancel online while they automatically re-subscribe you. You actually have to call them to cancel.:mad:

Reactions: Kenichi

·
Registered
48 Posts
I found their business practices very shady and off putting. No way to cancel online. You have to talk to a damn salesman to cancel. They're never getting any of my $ again. They're just legit enough to be legal, but it sure stinks of bait and switch, and fraud.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I must be doing it wrong.
Signup under their $60 plan plus the extra cost for weather. Have them invoice me. Wait for renewal notice to arrive, check online for current offers. Then call and talk to their sales person and get the present offer for another year.
Only had 1 year where I paid full price, my fault for not calling in, just slipped by memory. Now it's on the computer calendar, 1 month before it expires.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I have a single XM Radio for which I pay $5/month. Yup, every 6 months or a year I have to call and threaten to quit. What a nuisance. So I do three things, other than threatening to quit just prior to the expiration of my current subscription: First, I use only one radio. I simply move that one radio from bike to bike to bike depending on which bike I'm riding at the moment. Second, I use a temporary credit card that I fund solely for the purpose and the amount of the XM subscription. As soon as the transaction is complete, the credit card company extinguishes that card. Third, I put a reminder on my cell phone to email me a week, 3, days, 2 days and then the day before the expiration of my current subscription. This cell phone reminder has all of the details I need to accomplish the task. After I renew, I just change the date of the reminder on my cell phone and I'm good to go . . . . until the next expiration date draws near.

Reactions: Bayrec

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
I hate the reception that I get with my XM, it always says NO XM SERVICE w/ever I'm riding back roads (on my M/C) which is 90% of the time, so reception totally sucks........So as much as I hate the XM service, I still love it, even though the service fades in and out during 100% of my rides... (not sure what I realy want to do here..cancel or REscrib

Ronnie

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have/had four vehicles with XM but I am so tired of trying to keep up with their renewal system I'm done. It seems that we forget to watch for the monthly charges at the end of term and have to call threatening to cancel, then transferred to a CSR to renegotiate another 6mnth or year.

I am now using amazon music, I can listen to HD and super HD music. Sounds much better plus I can download it to phone so no data charges. I also use Pandora which I like as well. I have USB loaded as too.

Anyone else ditched XM and other services.
No doubt the majority of us go through the same angst and do feel your pain!

I've not confirmed this (with XM), but has anyone been able to get a 3yr. deal for $ 99.00?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have 3 vehicles and that is including the wing that have XM radio. One of the reps, who I could understand, suggested I put all three to expire at the same time. I did that, makes it easier and only have to call once a year. BTW I have to call next week they did not renew my traffic and weather on the bike. Ugh.
I too have thought about getting rid of it all and going to Pandoro, Spotify or something like that, as it does get old having to call. I do have an email about a month or 2 out that it will be renewing and I keep it till it's done.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts