GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 3 radios. All I do is call or go on line to renew, the last time I did it online. I renew it a week be it is due, tell them I will stop using it and then renew. The thing is I call before it is due to expire.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I hate paying for their music when it plays over and over.
The big thing to me was when their DJ starts talking about their political views between songs. I am not paying for their opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love the XM Weather. I could never get good reception when I needed it and now there is so much access to music I don't need it. I subscribe to the weather only for my 2012 Wing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had gotten used to the yearly negotiation for $100 per year and was usually satisfied. This year auto-renew charged over $200. When I called on a Saturday to negotiate, the recording said "if you are calling to ask for a better rate" (or something like that) hit button #3 and you will get the new rate of $60 per year plus a couple small tax/license add-ons. SiriusXM is obviously feeling the competition, I just don't understand why they don't just charge the $60 from the get go.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I had gotten used to the yearly negotiation for $100 per year and was usually satisfied. This year auto-renew charged over $200. When I called on a Saturday to negotiate, the recording said "if you are calling to ask for a better rate" (or something like that) hit button #3 and you will get the new rate of $60 per year plus a couple small tax/license add-ons. SiriusXM is obviously feeling the competition, I just don't understand why they don't just charge the $60 from the get go.
They won't charge just $60 from the get go as they are playing the odds that most people won't take the time to challenge them. The game is in their favor so I refuse to play it as it's not worth my time dealing with them.

Reactions: Bayrec

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
They won't charge just $60 from the get go as they are playing the odds that most people won't take the time to challenge them. The game is in their favor so I refuse to play it as it's not worth my time dealing with them.
It's all about the Benjamín's :D .

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just came up for renewal - I too was paying $5/mth/vehicle for 2 vehicles plus had weather on the motorcycle. The renewal came at $40/mth. I had replaced my credit card and they are badgering me to pay them - at $40/mth, that is close to $500 a year and not worth it. I can only drive one vehicle at a time. 2 customer service reps have told me that they cannot cancel the service until I pay them. Then they send me free 7 days. I hate the fight at renewal time.
When I mentioned my frustration to my son he also recommended Prime music. Easy to download music, and on shuffle you get a great library of your fav music for no extra cost. Sirius XM is terrible with their renewal policies. They ae sending me1/2 dozen messages daily on two email addresses. I miss the news but not $40/mth worth.
This is why I did away with them years ago. I'd like to have the service back but I'm not dealing with their tactics and harassment.

·
Registered
408 Posts
This is why I did away with them years ago. I'd like to have the service back but I'm not dealing with their tactics and harassment.
Talk about harassment, when they called I thought I had the Ultimate solution to the problem. I told them I sold the car and my new car doesn't have XM radio. They said, no problem we will send you a radio free charge. You have got to kidding!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have/had four vehicles with XM but I am so tired of trying to keep up with their renewal system I'm done. It seems that we forget to watch for the monthly charges at the end of term and have to call threatening to cancel, then transferred to a CSR to renegotiate another 6mnth or year.

I am now using amazon music, I can listen to HD and super HD music. Sounds much better plus I can download it to phone so no data charges. I also use Pandora which I like as well. I have USB loaded as too.

Anyone else ditched XM and other services.
I also, use Amazon music that comes with prime for free and Pandora for free but I just started using XM for 6 bucks a month. I actually I may cancel XM but I do like the music education and history that the musicians they have for anownsers give you.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts