GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can listen to my XM radio in Mexico? We are going on a cruise to the mexican riveria and just wondering if it will work down there. I have emailed XM Radio twice with no response.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Service is not sold in Mexico, but if you take yours with you there should be no problem. Both XM satellites are parked near the eqauitor.

From the XM website:

Is XM Service available in the waters off the coast of the United States?

Yes, XM is designed for marine use. In addition to domestic waterways in the continential United States, XM's signal extends off the coast into all U.S. coastal waters.

Enjoy the trip! :D

·
Registered
20,988 Posts
a couple years ago befor i bought XM i emailed them asking if it would work threw Canada to Alaska, i recieved the same reply as KgSie just showed so i thought it probably wouldn't work very far north of the border..........well i only traveled about 300 miles north of the canadian border and the XM worked fine all the way, i have heard folks say XM has worked for them all the way to Alaska, i bet Mexico will b the same

·
Registered
319 Posts
My wife and I take fairly regular trips to the Mayan Riviera (that is, the Caribbean coast side of Playa Del Carmen/Akumal/Tulum area). There's an extensive forum on a website for that region called Loco Gringo, where I've read a number of posts that said it worked fine there. You might want to peruse those forums for more or corroborative info: http://www.locogringo.com/forums/default.asp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts