GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this e-mail! I'm a happy camper! Dear XM Subscriber:

First, from all of us at XM, thank you for being a valued member of the XM family.

From every vantage point XM had a spectacular 2003. Ending the year with over 1.36 million subscribers, XM Satellite Radio is one of the fastest growing entertainment media ever. Building on this tremendous momentum, we're delighted to announce several programming content enhancements in 2004 we know you're going to love.

First, XM will offer 100% COMMERCIAL-FREE MUSIC beginning February 1st. With 68 commercial-free music channels, XM will deliver the most commercial-free music in satellite radio. From Rock to Jazz, Classical to Hip-Hop, Country to R&B, you'll now enjoy more of the music you love, without commercial interruption.

Complementing the move to 100% commercial-free music will be the debut of exciting new channels, including:
* Highway 16 - Today's top Country Hits - Ch. 16
* The Blend - Adult Contemporary Hits - Ch. 25
* Fungus - Punk Rock - Ch. 53
* Lucy - Classic Alternative Hits - Ch. 54
* MSNBC - Global and national news - Ch. 130

We are also pleased to announce the launch of XM INSTANT TRAFFIC & WEATHER. Powered by Traffic Pulse and The Weather Channel, XM Instant Traffic & Weather will offer listeners in-depth, up-to-date information about road and weather conditions in 21 major metropolitan markets nationwide, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, providing greater detail and more frequent updates than available elsewhere on the radio. The first 15 metropolitan markets are available beginning March 1st. You can visit http://traffic.xmradio.com to hear report samples and learn more about this wonderful new XM service.

There's more good news. 100% Commercial-free music, exciting new programming content, Instant Traffic & Weather - all will be included as part of your basic subscription. There are no new charges or fees.

To accommodate these many exciting enhancements, some channels will change number, category, and/or format, or will be eliminated.
* MTV (ch. 25) and VH1 (ch. 26) will move from Hits to Variety (ch. 155 and 156, respectively).
* Spirit (ch. 63) will move from Urban to Christian (ch. 33)
* Fine Tuning (ch. 104) will move from World to Rock (ch. 49)
* XM Live (ch. 168) will move from Variety to Hits (ch. 26)
* We will no longer carry Special X (ch. 30), Aguila (ch. 90), Vibra (ch. 92), and Tejano (ch. 93).

A new channel lineup card will be mailed to you later this month. For more information about all the changes and to view a new channel lineup immediately, please visit http://lineup.xmradio.com.

Thank you again for your valued patronage and for making XM #1 in Satellite Radio.

Best Regards,
The XM Team

·
Registered
837 Posts
I haven't been able to get to the computer much for a few days. I see I got the same email. That is good news. It's going to be even better now.

WOOHOOO!!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Wow, good news, that has been the main reason that we have not gone XM till now. My sisterinlaw has it and loves it, we would like it too.

·
Registered
819 Posts
You mean like Sirius Satellite Radio has had all along? Hum wonder where they got the idea for that? :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
XM Radio

It's about time! Although I hope they keep those cool 70's comercials on channel 7.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Jerry J said:
You mean like Sirius Satellite Radio has had all along? Hum wonder where they got the idea for that? :D
Yep just like Sirius only $3.00 a month cheaper. Its going to be interesting to see how Sirius handles this.

Panther

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Yes it is true.

We listen to XM 99.9999 % of the time. I couldn't tell you the last time I listened to a regular radio station. To us it is worth every penny for 2 Delphi units. We take them with us where ever we go. Car, truck, bike, trike, pole barn, house. They really seem to be on top of what the listeners want.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Re: XM Radio

wingosilver57 said:
I hope they keep those cool 70's comercials on channel 7.
I particularly like the old vintage commercials they play on Radio Classics. I really get a kick out of hearing how they advertised in the 40's and 50's. That was just a wee bit before my time.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Do you have a contract on the $10/month, or is it subject to change?

I notice my Cable provider finds a way to raise the rates everytime he
changes anything on the channels.:x

Here's hoping the price stays the same. I would like to go XM when the
iPod gives out.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
You are better off to take one of their multi-year plans and then they drop 2 months charges for every year you buy in advance. Since they are growing very rapidly now and you're seeing XM as an option in vehicles their growth is sure to jump significantly (probably the reason for the changes now too).

DaleC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts