GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading about Satellite Radio on a few posts earlier which sent me out looking what was available. Nobody said anything about the XM Commander. It's a little more expensive but it looks nice. Check out this web page. Is the sound of the XM any better coming out of the speakers or the headset?

http://www.xmradio.com/commander/

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
The Commander is a very nice-looking unit - I was looking at them last night at Best Buy.

I believe there have been a few posts of the Commander installation - I saw some pictures this morning on the GL1800.org website.

Keep in mind that you'll still need to protect the unit from the weather.

The audio quality should be better than the Radio operation, I personally would use the Aux input but I think many others have used the FM modulator without any problem. This unit, if mounted in the trunk, would require running a shielded audio output cable from the unit to the Aux. connector - something that might make the use of a modulator more appealing.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Just installed the Commandor xm, and took out my delphi xm. The install was only a hassle to pull the control head and antenna connector through the upper tank shell. Was able to fish the antenna cable right down the right hand mirror soft rubber. Using a radar slip on dash mount with a sheet of metal double taped to the top. The xm overpowers the FM radio, so to here the fm, the xm has to be shut off. The delphia worked through the aux, and did not interfer. At this point I like the Commandor better, but it is only two hours in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts