GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add an xm to my bike and am planing a trip out west from new york through Canada To Jasper and bannf. Anybody know how far north in Canada these will work? Thanks J

·
Registered
911 Posts
I am looking to add an xm to my bike and am planing a trip out west from new york through Canada To Jasper and bannf. Anybody know how far north in Canada these will work? Thanks J
I'm no expert, and I don't have an XM radio, but I assume these things get their signal from a satellite, so shouldn't they work everywhere ?...ride safe....

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Mine worked around lake Superior without ever loosing the siginal. If I remember correctly, the antenna should have a view of the southern sky. If you mount the antenna in a way that it's not being blocked by your body, it may work for your full trip. I know that if I put my hand over the antenna, it blocks the siginal.

·
Registered
187 Posts

You won't have a problem with XM through Canada where you're going. I've driven (not on the wing yet) across Canada and had XM from here all the way to British Columbia.

Enjoy your ride to Jasper and Banff!! I was just there last month for the 5th or 6th time, and its always beautiful. It will be a spectacular ride on a bike.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Here is an image of the XM Radio Satellite footprint:

Good post B'man. I knew they didn't cover Alaska or Hawaii, but didn't know what they actually covered.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all of you who responded, especially for the coverage map! thats just what I wanted to know! thanks all, j

1 - 8 of 8 Posts