GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I put mine on the dash using velcro, just to the right of the vent. Never have a drop out problem and the cable runs nicely under the mirror seal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had my 1st one on the dash with no problems. A friend who installs them told me I could put it on the clutch with same results. When it comes back from the trike installition I will find out. I also ordered a 40" antenna so I would have less wire.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Had one on the dash, and have one on the brake reservour top. Both work well. Trunk did OK until I put a travel bag on the rack.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Maybe you should have asked where NOT to mount the XM antenna. You would get less replies. In other words we mount them almost anywhere that suits the person. Or who makes the best bike? In other words we all have the only right answer and all the rest are wrong. :p :biker:
=============
donl said:
Where is the best place to monut the antenna on the 1800?

·
Registered
20,946 Posts
took a tip from Fred Harmon so mine is mounted out of site under the dash above the speedometer, i do occasionaly get very short dropouts from going under overpasses or big trees, tried it mounted on top of the dash and still get the same very short dropouts

·
Registered
51 Posts
mounted mine with velcro to the top of the left mirror, ran he wire thru the mirror rubber boot and fed to my radio hiding the wire below the left pocket

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the info. I guess it will work just about anywhere.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thanks for all the info. I guess it will work just about anywhere.
Will not work mounted on the belly pan. :a13:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts