GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that Ed Davis (of EdSets fame) has worked out a deal on XM radios and will begin selling 'em soon at a bit less than what they go for at the usual sellers of such things. :D

If you're in the market, he's a good guy to patronize.

Just a little "heads up"

Pat
 

·
Young Buck
Joined
·
2,551 Posts
I bought my Roady for $79 (preactivated and no sales tax), directly from XM. It was a special pre-Christmas promotion that has since expired (so don't bother asking for the details).

Activation is $10-$15 extra, on top of what one would pay in a store. When adding sales tax and activation on top of the store price (such as Best Buy), mine was nearly half price.

The Roady is getting some time on the shelf, so the prices should be beginning to soften somewhat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
Jon from our board is now selling them from his website.
I'm sure he has a GL1800Riders discount!! :D


http://www.usi-seattle.com/jon/goldwinglights.htm

He does awesome work!! His display timer is priceless!! It installs a timed activation of the display button so at the set interval it activates the button, showing the temp. I know I really wish Honda would have just made it a permanent display (anyone have a clue WHY they didn't?!?!?), but thanks to Jon, now you don't have to keep hitting that dang button!

I know when I am ready to get mine, I'll be getting it from Jon!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,871 Posts
IB Mike said:
... (anyone have a clue WHY they didn't)
Well, my opinion would be that it just wasn't thought to be all that important by the engineers? Maybe it's because I'm not used to it yet, but I seldom push the button .... and all it does is confirm ... "yes, it's hot out" or "yes, it's cold out".
Now ... if the button push couldf do something useful ... like turn off the wind, turn up (or down) the heat ...... :p :p :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
OrangeCrush said:
Maybe it's because I'm not used to it yet, but I seldom push the button .... and all it does is confirm ... "yes, it's hot out" or "yes, it's cold out".
Now ... if the button push couldf do something useful ... like turn off the wind, turn up (or down) the heat ...... :p :p :p
Good point... :lol:

Guess I am just an information junkie... cause I used to check it pretty dang often.
Part of my entertainment on long rides, guessing what the temp is... I got pretty good at it... :lol:
That and watching the temp when it is around freezing and there is precip falling/expected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,137 Posts
Hey IB Mike...I thought I was the only crazy one who would guess at the temp while on a long trip. I guess their are 2 crazy fools out there riding GL 1800's :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
CaWing said:
Hey IB Mike...I thought I was the only crazy one who would guess at the temp while on a long trip. I guess their are 2 crazy fools out there riding GL 1800's :lol:
After hanging out with the folks on this board, I am convinced there are a WHOLE lot more than 2 :a13:
 

·
Young Buck
Joined
·
2,551 Posts
Is it just me, or did this topic change about half way through? There seems to be multiple topics being discussed... ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
mrgl02 said:
Is it just me, or did this topic change about half way through? There seems to be multiple topics being discussed... ?
Nope... not just you :D

That would be the one drawback to the new board format, the inability to "split" a thread. You can just change the subject and go in a different direction here...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,099 Posts
Ever hear of Adult Attention Disorder???

One symptom is a Big Bike :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
759 Posts
long distance riders know the value of a temperature gauge...can help protect against getting hypothermia..which can kill. Jon makes the neatest gadjet I have seen to read the temp. its a passive device that automatically "pushes" the button for ya. I find it invaluable on my long rides...and besides..is a nice conversation piece..and lord knows we need more conversation pieces..lmao.... :a13:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,891 Posts
Robert Schilling said:
..and lord knows we need more conversation pieces..lmao.... :a13:
Forgive me, but aren't you classified as a "conversation piece"? :D

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
Jon said:
Robert Schilling said:
..and lord knows we need more conversation pieces..lmao.... :a13:
Forgive me, but aren't you classified as a "conversation piece"? :D

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

ROFLMAO!!!!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top