GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I get: An audible pop sound about every second; nothing on the display head; no response to pushing any buttons on the XM Commander.

Here's what I did: connected auxiliary wire from left front pocket to control box, connected aux wire to aux bolt in fuse block, connected ground wire to ground bolt in fuse block, connected bat+ wire to positive battery terminal, connected XM antenna and put it out in the open.

What I might have screwed up: I think I touched the bat+ wire to the negative terminal before hooking it to the positive post. Did I fry the unit?

I don't get it. Please let me know if you have insights. Thanks.

·
Registered
823 Posts
First check all fuses to be sure they are good, the ones on the bike and the ones inline with the power wires for the XM Commander.

Next you say you hooked the XM Commander to the Aux connection under the left glove box. You did hook that too the RCA Connections on the XM Commander correct?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it!

Never-mind!

Thanks for the response. I went back out and unravelled the antenna wire and stuck the antenna on the trunk of my Monte Carlo in the driveway. Voila-the receiver lit up and went to channel one. Now I just have to navigate the activation system online and go back and permanentlly mount the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts