GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about using one of the xm mounts from Cycle Gadgets that goes on top of the clutch resevoir . but with the Tulsa windshield , and the handle bars turned all the way to the right , it looks like this mount might hit the windshield.
Anybody out there have this combination, and if so is it a problem?
It's hard to tell from the few pictures just how tall this mount is .
I thought about using a Ram Mount, but that goes where the Butler Mug mount is attached.
Any help will be appreciated.
Joe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yup, I've got the XT mounted on top of the clutch reservior and I also have the Tulsa extra tall windshield. When turned all the way, the radio misses the windshield by about 2 inches. Nice set up.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JB
\ I wanted to order one , sometimes the dealers/salespeople know these things,,,,,and sometimes they don't have a clue . I figured if someone on here had a problem with it , i would know about it sooner.
Joe,.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Silver Meteor / Tom .
It's kind of funny , :) :) :) that i a guy from Florida , has to tell a guy from
northeast Pa. where to buy a mount , that is manufactured about 40 miles from where he lives , and sold at one of the local Honda dealers. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Joe

·
Registered
45 Posts
XM-Mount

Mine is mounted on the handlebar grip clamps using a small bracket. It should be low enough so as not to hit the shield in a turn.

·
Registered
68 Posts
GO TO www.cyclegadgets.com... they have every thing to hard wire, mount on top of the brake / clutch cover, and the antenna also has a place to fit... all this is out of the way and works very well with the Tulsa tall 8) 8)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Joe Chindemi said:
I thought about using a Ram Mount, but that goes where the Butler Mug mount is attached.

I have a tall Tulsa shield, & Butler Mug on the right handlebar. I used the Ram mount for my Sirius Sportster. I picked up a couple of longer Stainless Steel screws to mount it with the Butler mount. Worked out fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts