GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the XM Radio web site I notice the most popular programming for me are not the commercial free stations. Are the commercials as bad as FM radio during rush hour? What is your experience?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Dandyman said:
Looking at the XM Radio web site I notice the most popular programming for me are not the commercial free stations. Are the commercials as bad as FM radio during rush hour? What is your experience?
No where near as bad as FM radio. There are usually two or three (at least one of which is ad for XM) but that's about it. I'm really happy with my XM.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mostly the stations I listen to don't have the ads, but when I do listen to the ad stations I don't seem to notice that many. The only ones I find iritating are the ones for other XM stations, and the filler points of interest that they add into stations like Fox news etc. They use these to fill the audio void when the TV station is running it's own ads.

:rat: Bake

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about Sirius?

Okay, so you don't mind the few interrutpions. But what about Sirius that says they have all commercial free? Why aren't they more popular?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've had XM ever since they were available. If Sirrus would have been first I would have had that. If they both came out at the same time I would have had to do some investigating before I picked one.

I take my 6 year old (then 4) grand daughter to Denver from northeast Nebraska once a month or so. That's 450 miles of which about 300 is in am/fm no man's land.

We can leave home listening to a station and if we don't want to change it, we can listen to it all the way to Denver with no drop outs.

From the people I've talked to I think you'll be happy with either one.

To answer your second question: I think people that had XM first mostly keep it. There was also a time when no one thought that Sirrus would survive. I think that made people a little nervous for a while about spending $ on Sirrus compatable equipment. The other thing is when the ads a not very frequent and based on national products I don't consider them a bother. Just a break in the music/talk/ whatever.

Enjoy

:rat: Bake

1 - 5 of 5 Posts