GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my XM Radio renewal notice today. I have two XM radios. One on the trike and one in my truck. I have not called them, but by the way I read this notice it is $349 for my first radio and an additonal $251.64 for the second. These prices are for a three year contract.

Have any of you had recent notices for XM radio renewals recently? My personal thinking is that for $600 for three years, I will certainly enjoy my FM radio!

I will make them a reasonable offer and if they do not accept it, I will bid them goodbye and best wishes.

Comments?

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Received my XM Radio renewal notice today. I have two XM radios. One on the trike and one in my truck. I have not called them, but by the way I read this notice it is $349 for my first radio and an additonal $251.64 for the second. These prices are for a three year contract.

Have any of you had recent notices for XM radio renewals recently? My personal thinking is that for $600 for three years, I will certainly enjoy my FM radio!

I will make them a reasonable offer and if they do not accept it, I will bid them goodbye and best wishes.

Comments?

George for $600.00 I'll sing to you over the phone when ever you want me too.:22yikes: Do ya' like Opera :thumbup:

·
Registered
707 Posts
George,

I think Tammy bought us lifetime service for ours for less then that.

Perhaps XM is trying to avoid the need for the American Bailout.

Comments?

·
Registered
590 Posts
XM radio

At our latest club social function, my wife and I bought 12 raffle tickets, not even asking what the item was. We won it for $20: XM radio with remote....but there is MORE: free lifetime subscription. The radios are cheap; it's the yearly subs. Then...a week later...XM is dealing with bankruptcy...but things look better lately

Great talking to you this week on the phone: Anxious for April to arrive.

Johnny and Ruthie Lane Alma, CO.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan to make them an offer they can't refuse. I enjoy XM when in west TX where there are no stations....news and stuff, but I can do without it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
George - I plan on dropping my XM subscription when it comes due. MP3 players are not that expensive. and some will hold 2000 songs plus. When listening to MP3, you can hit the random play button, ride all day and never hear the same song. Something to look in to.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Just set it up on 3 month billing. It's like everything else, the longer time frame you want to pay for the cheaper it is, but you can set it up on quarterly payments.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've got 4 XM subscriptions and just got my renewal. It went up $2 per unit per month, unless I want to prepay over a longer period of time. We enjoy XM tremendously more than FM, but they keep adding more and more commercials and that's my beef with them. If I'm paying for a service, then I'd rather not have to listen to commercials.

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
George, with my MP3, and other audio stuff on my wing, I don't have a need for XM at those prices. I certainly would not pay for 3 years in advance, because it looks very ify that they are going to continue to be in business. If they close the doors, it will hard to get anything back.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I am going to be careful before paying anything. Their stock closed at 0.16 Friday and has been as low as .05. I will see. I liked it because of the news, market reports, etc. The music is secondary to me so the Ipod, etc is of little interest to me. We will see. I was just seeing what other's were paying....thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was a long time subscriber to XM with 3 radios. My increase was over 28%. I called XM and discontinued the service. I have an IPOD and today bought an IPhone.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Yeah, I am going to be careful before paying anything. Their stock closed at 0.16 Friday and has been as low as .05. I will see. I liked it because of the news, market reports, etc. The music is secondary to me so the Ipod, etc is of little interest to me. We will see. I was just seeing what other's were paying....thanks.
16 cents on Friday! Holy cow, thats a 23% increase in one day! The economy is finally recovering. Don't spend $600 on radio. Instead, buy 4615 shares of Sirius stock and get rich quick!

:cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got 4 XM subscriptions and just got my renewal. It went up $2 per unit per month, unless I want to prepay over a longer period of time. We enjoy XM tremendously more than FM, but they keep adding more and more commercials and that's my beef with them. If I'm paying for a service, then I'd rather not have to listen to commercials.

Yes, the new subscription rates are about 1/3 higher, unless you renew long term! I like the service but I'm concerned they may go belly up so I'll only renew a quarter at a time...and may eventually switch over to a MP-3 if I can't stomach the higher rates.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts