GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my XM radio renewal notice. I have two radios, one on my trike and one in my truck. They want $600 for a three year contract for the two radios. It seems this is a little expensive.

Comments please.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I just received my XM radio renewal notice. I have two radios, one on my trike and one in my truck. They want $600 for a three year contract for the two radios. It seems this is a little expensive.

Comments please.
That is more than a little expensive, the way I see it.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Considering SiriusXM's current financial state, I wouldn't be paying any farther in advance than you care to lose.

3 years in advance.. for me? NO WAY.

I'd give them no more than 6 months money in advance at a time.

·
Registered
19,048 Posts
I paid $110 for one year for one radio.

·
Registered
33 Posts
xm radio

It is cheaper to get a lifetime on your radio with xm it is 399. for ea radio for life I have four radio on my account one at 12.99 and three at 6.99 it is cheaper for the main radio 399, for lifetime and if you keep the other for longer than three years the 399 is still a good deal the rate is going up after march 11 09, Don

·
Registered
204 Posts
George, I called them 2 weeks ago to cancel my 2 radios. I have been paying them for 3 mos. at a time since 2005. I decided that I was not getting to listen enough to justify. When I called to cancel they gave me an offer for $71.00 a year to renew, but I still declined. My current contract is paid until March 18, and they said if I decide to renew before that time, it will still be the $71.00 per year for each radio. Might try that if you want to keep the service.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sounds about right to me for 2 radios X 3 years. I'm paying $11.95/month for on radio which is $144/year rounded up. I pay only monthly since at the rate of technology change, a better offer could be around the corner.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
if you call to cancel due to the service being too expensive, they will offer reduced rates. Not sure what they'll do for 2 units, but I paid $77 for 1yr for 1 radio.

·
Registered
138 Posts
They WILL do better than 77 too. My buddy has XM and has TWICE gotten his reduced. XM is hurting now and will deal with you. His rate is flat one year for $60. No &^#%; I saw his bill.

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
I just received the same renewal notice. If I continue a month at a time, my second receiver goes up $2 to $8.99 a month. Even worse, I loose my free online listening ability unless I'm willing to prepay at least a year!

If I prepay my two units for a year, my actual cost is $2 total less a month which is good. But my concern is that if I give them $226.33 for the year, they could declare bankrupcy and shut down tomorrow with no hope of recovering my payment. Also, once you pay, my uderstanding is that there is no refund for the unused portion. :wrong:

I just wish that I didn't listen to XM Online then I would just pay $2 more a month ($22.94) and continue paying a month at a time. And to think that I was planning on subscribing to XM Weather for my Alaska trip this summer. Can't imagine what that would do to the total.

Guess, I'll just have to call as others have done and negotiate a better rate.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Got my renewal a month ago for two radios, $220 for both. I called to cancel and they offered the $77 per year for each radio. I decided to keep one at that price since I'm leery of them staying in business.

When I checked the CC statement they had also knocked off the free month so I was billed $64.

BTW that is a renewable price if you agree to the automatic billing.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wayyyyyyyyy too damn expensive.

At least tell them to kiss your a$$ and go fly a kite. They will eventually get you to a more tolerable cost.

Me? I'm chucking it. Don't need it any more. Plenty to MP3 music out there. Regular radio, etc.

It's like paying for water. Why? It's free out of the tap..........

YMMV,

Peace.
Dan Gentili
Lightfoot, VA

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just got this offer in the email...

First one is suppose to read 65% off for 5 months for... and then 50% off for 12 months for...

65% OFF
FOR 5 MONTHS
50% OFF
FOR 12 MONTHS

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I just received the same renewal notice. If I continue a month at a time, my second receiver goes up $2 to $8.99 a month. Even worse, I loose my free online listening ability unless I'm willing to prepay at least a year!

If I prepay my two units for a year, my actual cost is $2 total less a month which is good. But my concern is that if I give them $226.33 for the year, they could declare bankrupcy and shut down tomorrow with no hope of recovering my payment. Also, once you pay, my uderstanding is that there is no refund for the unused portion. :wrong:

I just wish that I didn't listen to XM Online then I would just pay $2 more a month ($22.94) and continue paying a month at a time. And to think that I was planning on subscribing to XM Weather for my Alaska trip this summer. Can't imagine what that would do to the total.

Guess, I'll just have to call as others have done and negotiate a better rate.
I did cancel and they credited my CC with a $100+ refund, but that policy will probably change should they file bankruptcy

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
$600 for a renewal for XM radios? NO WAY!!! I would tell them NO THANKS!!!

When I used XM, I paid $23 / month for 2 radios. Got tires of all the commercials and cancelled. Have not missed it at all.

"IF" I was going to spend $600 for listening pleasure...I could buy a real nice Ipod and download my own music. 2-5000 songs will take you a while to listen to them all, without any repeats.

JMHO

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I don't know how ya'll do it. I called last week after I got the e-mail about the rates going up. I tried to get them to just keep me at the same rate I am paying now for two radios. I pay for one at the regular rate a year at a time and 3 months at a time for the other. After I talked to 3 different people. They still refused to keep it the same or lower so I cancelled. My brother-in-law tried the same thing and he does get the $77 dollar a year deal on his Corvette and they refused him also. I told them I really liked it but that they said they would not go up on the rates for at least 2 years and they lied.

·
Registered
357 Posts
i pay for three radios by the month. i consider it a bargain. regular radio stinks so bad i hate to turn it on. mp3 players are a pain in the butt. i use my xm radio 10 times as much as my dish tv. got one on my two bikes and in the truck. would'nt be without it. if they would get rid of that overpaid piece of crap howard stern they could really cut costs. bill

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
... they said they would not go up on the rates for at least 2 years and they lied...
Not true.

They agreed to not increase the price of the existing package for two years ($12.95/mo for the basic service). There was no guarantee that they wouldn't increase the cost of additional radios that you might have on your plan.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Not true.

They agreed to not increase the price of the existing package for two years ($12.95/mo for the basic service). There was no guarantee that they wouldn't increase the cost of additional radios that you might have on your plan.
As in letter of the law vs. spirit of the law. Pretty sneaky, wouldn't you say? I'm thinking they had their fingers crossed behind their backs?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts