GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after whining about xm I took the whole thing off and went with slacker internet radio, well xm called and gave me an offer I couldn't refuse so like a fool I hooked the whole thing back up (even bought new connections from EC / the instructions where not that great, kept thinking for someone who never set the xm up it would have been a pain) well in the old days I used a bungi cord to hold down the xm I have a pioneer ino but there has to be a better way to hold down the unit to the base, anybody got an idea?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Not familiar with the Pioneer but with my SkyFi, I put a small dime size piece of velcro on the back of the radio and opposite piece on the inside of the cradle. Its been holding perfect for years. Still easy to remove when I move the radio to my truck.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you guys. The Velcro works great. Now if I can get some better sound outta thing I'll be set

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've turned off the FM modulator and turned the vol up all the way on the XM and it I get near a highway I gotta turn it to at least 20 / My J&M mp3 player is set on 5 and that's almost too loud. I've got an email into EC so I'll also get to see how their consumer service is..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts