GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting ready to buy an xm radio that is also an ipod. The samsung Helix is available on the Internet, but it doesn't say anything about it being used on the motorcycle. I want it hard wired. Does any know if there is a Internet site that can tell me what i need for the full insulation. I want it to work with the auxiliary button on the 08 gold wing.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
You will have to mount it in a holder like a cell phone car holder, just plug the headphone port into the aux in cable on the bike not really sure on the power connection what you will need, but I gotta say I recomemed a roady 2 series or the roadyXT series much easier to hook up and mounts are available.
I like the radio your talking about but you can't hook up an external antenna and it looks like it could break very easily,
i looked at them for some time now.
I've been on xm since the start of it been through most of the radios they offer,
I can use the roady in the car garage house or bike easily very portable.it's easy to slip a baggie over inn in the light rain with a rubber band to hold it also there ve\ry cheap and transmit the signal to any fm frequency.
I bought the zune for mp3 player and use a Y-adapter in the aux in line for both plugged in at the same time I can use either.
I personally like zune better (have 80 gig ) offers more music for lots less money $15.00 a month subscription gets you unlimited download ability literally 1000's of songs a month if you want, and ipod you have to buy each song gets very expensive quick, I alos just got the zune 16 gig no moving parts, lots of nice mounts for the bike for Roady's available
jusy my thoughts hope this helps

·
Young Buck
2,549 Posts
One bit of warning.

Since the merger, XM/Sirius customer service has quickly become customer no-service. It is every bit as bad as the cable company.

I contacted XM with three questions about my service. I got an answer for one... That's pathetic.

·
Young Buck
2,549 Posts
I just received an email from XM Customer no-support.

I redeemed a $30 XM programming gift card on October 30th, and it showed up on my account as a "credit".

They're trying to tell me that it was a *charge* to my account.

I just wrote them back and let them know that they're looking at this wrong, and that this is not the way to treat a customer who was an "early adopter" of the whole satellite radio concept.

Complete idiots.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It amazes me when a company has a lot of growth, they forget how they got there and why. I have had Dish Network since 2 month's after they started with the mini dish, always had excellent service and support from them until about 6 month's ago. Probably won't be long before I get rid of it all, maybe get my SO to learn to play an instrument for entertainment. I wonder if Texelent makes a banjo holder for the wing.:p

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Since the merger, XM/Sirius customer service has quickly become customer no-service. It is every bit as bad as the cable company.
You hit the nail on the head. I do think it would be better if you could talk to someone that could speak english or at least one of our dialects. JMHO

·
Registered
871 Posts
+1

My last two experiences: (Tried) to talk to 1 Indian and 1 Jamaican.:wrong:

It all started out with some idiot at xm weather who, when I called to upgrade from Sky Watch to the Sailor package, ADDED the Sailor package!

So when I get my next bill, I'm being charged for two wx packages on the same xm-30 receiver!

Try explaining that to someone in Delhi...

To get it straight, I had to cancel the whole shebang, wait a month and start over. Of course I also had to escalate to a supervisor to waive the activation fee...

What a nightmare...

These companies just don't seem to understand that they are not a Necessity to Life, they are a luxury and are currently on my personal "Bubble" of things I could learn to live without!

Lance

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I use a garmin 2730 gps with xm and mp3 built in, they are water resistant and still available on ebay, around $250+-. works great.
I recently found a refurb 2730 on ebay for $185 shipped; that included the GXM-30 XM antenna. The refurbs have the same 1yr warranty as a new unit. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
If you haven't listened to XM for awhile....I would! I think that the merger has ruined XM and it might be leaving my world soon. If I want to hear dedications, I can turn on Delila for free, and if I have to hear the history of the song~I don't want to hear the song. I think that XM will be a memory similiar to 8 track tapes. They've taken a good concept and ruined it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts