GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you guys who have installed a XM radio. Were an how did you install the antenna. My antenna is magnetic base. Can the antenna be hid in the back trunk? Thanks for your help.

· Registered
129 Posts
Sirius/XM

Mine wouldn't work on the scoot until I moved it to the rear of the bike, I tried to stick it close to keep ant lead short. Ran it toward the rear of the bike & it's great. Satellite radio is addictive as far as I'm concerned.

· Registered
156 Posts
Satillite Ant

I Just installed my Sirius Sposter 5 and used the motorcycle install kit from TSS-Radio. Provides a antenna with a six inch cable and a mounting plate to put it right on the handlebars. I also ordered an "Y" aux cable one side 3' long with the 3.5mm audio connection from electrical connections and put the audio into the aux connection on the bike.

· Registered
1,924 Posts
I had mine on top of the dash, but found out on the road that it bothered my radar detector mounted right next to it.

I considered putting it on top of the clutch reservoir, which seemed to solve the detector problem, but I ended up running the wire back under the seat and right onto the trunk lid. Used a little silicone to glue it on. It's actually on the slanted part of the lid so it faces a little backwards and not straight up. But it works everywhere, just like the same antennae on top of my truck.

· Registered
466 Posts
I looked at putting the antenna in the trunk but was concerned about getting a strong signal as I have a rack on the top of my top box.. I thought that by mounting it upside down to the top box lid would cause that and mounting the plastic cap of the antenna to the plastic of the inner liner wouldn't be durable.

I ended up sitting it on the clutch reservoir. Some folks have used Velcro to secure the mount. I'd play around with it to see if mounting it in the trunk would work for you.

· Registered
2,405 Posts
I bundled the excess ATT wire and tied it to the wire loom under the left pocket, while I had it out installing the hondaline power port, The ATT base I stuck under the front faring on to a metal bracket.

Keep the roady in the left pocket, Can't be seen, No muss no fuss works great for me.

· Registered
794 Posts
I have my antenna under the dash, right between the gauges, and it works just fine.

· Registered
1,599 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.