GL1800Riders Forums banner

XM Radios

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  sammisgrammy 
#1 ·
Learned from a car owner with XM, that if you refuse when they first contact you after your trial period, they will usually offer a discount (50%?).

G
#4 ·
I cancelled my credit card on them the first of the month back in November (for a different reason) and sent them an e-mail to cancel my account effective immediately on the same day. I got 6 more weeks of commercials for free before they finally unplugged me!

When the caller ID came across the first call from XM, I looked it up on Google to find out who it was. The next time they called and asked for me I told them no one here by that name and they have the wrong number. They've never called back. :thumbup:

G
#10 ·
For those of you who got one year at $77, what is the trick? I called them a couple of days ago telling them I'm thinking of dropping their service hoping they would give me a better rate. The only yearly rate they quoted me is $142.45 for my primary radio and $83.88 for my secondary radio. Is this the best rate one can expect or what should I do to try harder?

G
#11 ·
For those of you who got one year at $77, what is the trick? I called them a couple of days ago telling them I'm thinking of dropping their service hoping they would give me a better rate. The only yearly rate they quoted me is $142.45 for my primary radio and $83.88 for my secondary radio. Is this the best rate one can expect or what should I do to try harder?
Don't fool around with them. Don't bluff them either. Ask them straight out for the $77 rate your friends received or you will cancel. If they don't do it, then CANCEL IMMEDIATELY. You have up to two months to re-subscribe without paying a start up fee. But believe me, your phone will be ringing in a few weeks with them begging you to accept a lesser rate to get you back as a customer.

#12 ·
Was reading in this morning's paper (Feb 28th) that satellite radio is very likely not going to be here by the end of the year.

If it was JUST music then they might have survived but too few are paying to subscribe to hear talking heads. Taking heads that have multi-million dollar contracts.

Internet radio is coming to cars and it will take over satellite radio faster than CD's took over cassettes.

#13 ·
After I cancelled they called and I told them that I'm done and had even sold my radios. They offered to replace them free and throw in a reduced pricing package. They ruined some of their best programming and don't want to hear "those" complaints. I'm liking the Ipod better everyday:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.