GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the XM Roady satellite radio unit on Friday night. Installed it on the left handlebar and rode to Bishop, CA Saturday morning. I swear its the best gadget I've ever bought.

Can't get enough of 'Hank's Place'. :idea:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Yes, it is a marvelous little device. And only slightly larger than a deck of playing cards, not huge like most of Sirius's units. How does Delphi do it?

I listen to mine on the bike, in the car, in the office, and in the house.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My Roady was a Christmas gift from my daughter. Installed the tuner on the left pocket and the antenna on the instrument visor. I used a Radio Shack ground loop modulator on the aux audio connection and stuffed some aluminum foil inside the visor for a little ground plane.
Reception is great, even in the garage.
We will be trying it out on a long trip as soon as it STOPS RAINING!!! :cry:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the FM modulator power plug and don't seem to get any extra engine noise. I ran the antenna (all the extra wire) from the radio to the left side fairing and back up to the goldwing emblem on the dash. Seems to work just fine. How did you put the foil in the visor? Is it open on the backside? I've never noticed.

And the rain is coming here now.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Bubba,
Enjoy the storm, we are finished with it up here for now.
With the "meter panel" removed you can access the inside of the hood from the under side.
I don't know if the foil helps, but it made sense with the Roady's Ground Plane Dependent antenna.
Good Luck,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts