GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the posts about adding XM and finally decided which way I wanted to go. I already have a Roady that I move between cars so I decided to stay with Delphi.

I elected the easy route. I went to Walmart and picked up a Delphi xm2go. They had them on sale for $75, regularly $173.88.

It comes with four (4) different antennas (internal, personal, car magnetic, and home), three (3) different power sources (AC adapter, DC adapter, and battery) and four (4) different ways to listen to it (headphones direct, play into AUX via headphone jack, casette adapter for car, and built in FM modulator). It also comes with 2 docking stations (one for the home and one for the car or bike). The one for the car would mount easily on a bike and the one for the home plays directly into your home entertainment center. I like that flexibility.

Like I said, I like easy so I elected to use the personal antenna. It comes with a suction cup mount to stick on the inside of the windshield. I plugged into the AUX feed to the radio and used the DC plug to the socket in the left pocket. If you don't have one, you can run it on battery.

By the way, it also records up to 5 hours of your favorite XM radio station broadcast for use like an iPod or Walkman indoors and it has a built in antenna for listening while walking outdoors.. It comes with a pager type belt clip and a leather carrying case for this type of use. The "personal" antenna I used on the windshield will also clip to a hat or backpack for better reception.

Pictures here:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kg5ie/alb ... FBa02irhcp

Hope this helps someone out there.

Ride safe, and wear your gear.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Have you tried putting the antenna inside the storage box with the radio? My Roady works fine like that and I would think your xm2go would too.

(The antenna is attached to the underside of the lid with velcro)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I have not, but I'll give it a shot. That will make it a little more "stealth".

Thanks,

·
Registered
6 Posts
XM- MyFI

Interesting...
I bought one, and got a bracket so I could mount it on my handlebar,
The biggest problem I see with your setup is trying to change channels at any speed, or glancing over at the display..
Other the other hand, with the mounting bracket on the left handlebar, I took my out west this fall and shook the guts loose..
Sent it in for warrenty replacement..
I then bought a Roady XT and tried it, found that it vibrates loose off the docking station..
So I was looking at a different spot to locate it..

·
Registered
15 Posts
XM radio

Are you talking about mounting the regular magnetic antenna in the left pocket? Just got mine today and trying to figure out where to mount and which antenna to use. :?:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have not tried the magnetic mount in the pocket yet. Still using the suction cup on the inside of the windshield. I'll give the "antenna in the pocket" this weekend. I believe I understood the other post to say he had the magnetic antenna mounted to the bottom side of the pocket lid using velcro. Just make sure the antenna is facing up.

I also plan to take a look at putting the "magnetic" on the dash under the vent using velcro spots. Velcro spots are my favorite method of mounting junque. They are about the size of a nickel. However the personal antenna using the suction cup is working fine. The only draw back it that it is so obvious when you park and go inside somewhere. Since I have no locking pocket, it concerns me.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Figures mine did'nt come with the personal ant when I bought it last year.

Guess I'll check wally world and see If I can get that.

Thanks for the photos!!

Patrick

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
kg5ie said:
I went to Walmart and picked up a Delphi xm2go. They had them on sale for $75, regularly $173.88.
I haven't found a walmart with that deal.... can you get me an Idea which one???
:? :? :?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got mine at the store on Harwood and Pricinct Line. I don't know if they have any left or not. I'll likely be back in the store on Sat. when I get back in from Orlando, FL. I'll look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts