GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm confused. As I look to ask for an xm receiver for xmas, I see that the roadyii xm receivers seem to be all wireless with the fm modulator. Can you still get the roadyii with the jacks for aux plug-in or are they all now wireless. I went to my local wallyworld to look and they had none in stock...This forum has had countless postings on the subject and the direct aux connect method seems to be the way wingers like best..... :?:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just installed a Roady2 on my wing. While it is wireless it also has the plug on the side where you can plug in your AUX wire. I have heard that the sound is much better when plugged in but have not even tried the wireless yet. The ONLY problem I see with the Roady2 is that it is hard to work the tiny buttons with gloves on. BUT how often do you NEED to change channels going down the road. :lol:

Cheers.
Marc

·
Registered
837 Posts
I just bought the Roady XT and it has the audio out jack also. It even comes with the cassette adapter if you don't want to use the wireless FM transmitter. Of course there's no cassette player on the Wing, so you'd use the aux audio connection.

·
Registered
41 Posts
XM radio

You are probubly going to have to buy from e-bay or craigslist or amazon.
You will need a mount and the kennedy cell set to make this all work.
I am not pushing my system but I am selling a Delphi Skyfi the bracket and the Boombox 2 remote controls, I just cancelled service on this. My system is on E-bay. My auction ends in three days or so. It comes with everything to hook-up to a bike except the kennedy cell set. I am asking $100.00 for it all from this forum. Shipped.
If interested in seeing it, go to: delphi/skyfi goldwing Boombox it should come up.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Don't know why you would need the Kennedy cellset to plug into the Honda audio system. My Skyfi had everything I needed for the plug in.

Now if I did not have that boombox, I would want to buy it from you. Great price! I have mine in the garage so I can tune in while at home or on the bike.

Getting ready to mount one in second car so I can have there also. Already have the kit though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts