GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering going back to XM on the bike but after getting a new car and supposedly getting XM radio, traffic, weather and stocks etc for 90 days and spending 1.5 hours on hold and with people who cannot speak English, and who have no clue as to what the words "customer service" means decided "screw it, don't need it". After 2 so called customer service reps and a supervisor, put on hold again for another 30 mins. Toldit would take 1 week to resolve the problem. One week to send a signal?
They have without a doubt the worst customer service I have ever had the bad luck to deal with.

·
Registered
544 Posts
That pretty much sums up my experience with them also. How does a company like that survive?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I had 4 radios counting my daughters which was on our account. In January I called to cancel my daughter service and then they told me what it was going to cost for the other three radios. I told them that if they couldn't lower that price I wanted to cancel all my service. The guy went off the line for about 2 minutes then came back and verified my renewal. I said at what price and he said what I told you. I said no, cancel the service because I will not pay that much. After another short delay he came back and said, "it will be $75." I said, "per month ???!!!!!", and he said "no, for the year for the 3 radios" Yes, I like my XM !!!!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
speaking of XM, who know's what channel the The Grand Ole Opry does it's broadcast on ??
we were there last week & the tour guide said the Opry is broadcasted on sat. nites on XM, I didn't ask what channel.:oops:

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
... After another short delay he came back and said, "it will be $75." I said, "per month ???!!!!!", and he said "no, for the year for the 3 radios" Yes, I like my XM !!!!
I believe their discount rate for one year is $75, but that is 'per radio'.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
speaking of XM, who know's what channel the The Grand Ole Opry does it's broadcast on ??
we were there last week & the tour guide said the Opry is broadcasted on sat. nites on XM, I didn't ask what channel.:oops:

The Grand Ole Opry Fridays & Saturdays 9 pm - 10:30 pm ET.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
Damn Boots, your fast...
:joke:

·
Registered
137 Posts
:agree:

Yup, they just about have the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

XM Weather, on the other hand, is really neat and I would not want to be without it on the bike. Here in Washington state we get lots of small pockets of rain. The XM weather radar shows them better than the weather radar does on TV.

I would go through all the pain again to have the weather on my bike.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
thank ya kindly Boots :thumbup: your fast !!!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They will pretty much do anything not to lose a customer or to get a credit card #. I was offered a "100+ radio for only 19.95 and if you order now we will give you free shipping". Great, then I have to deal with your crappy customer service again. No thanks. If you keep telling them you want to cancel. they will keep lowering the price. It just shows you what it is really worth. Quantity doesn't = quality.....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Call 212-584-5100. Its a North American number and you get to speak to a real live person in the US or Canada. This is the number I used to cancel - it was hassel free.....paul

·
Registered
74 Posts
subscribed

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
How does a company like that survive?

Possibly because your experience is atypical. Just because a few on the internet have a bad experience, does not mean that is the standard. Most I know love the service. Most new car buyers continue the service after the free period. I have three radios, two Sirius and one XM. Never had a problem. Love the music.......anytime, anywhere.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I agree XMs customer service sucks. I have spoken to a US rep. before however it is a crap shoot to actually speak to a US CS Rep. I am set up on line so I can make some changes via the net.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
The Trucking Company I work for has 30 radios.
I get to be the "XM Manager"
Every time we have a radio go bad and replace it with new, they try to charge me a $15.00 activation fee

It really gets their attention when I say "CANCEL ALL OUR F$%KING RADIOS!
The fee gets waived.
I myself, would never do business with them. Their "Customer Non-Service sucks.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
:agree:

Yup, they just about have the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

XM Weather, on the other hand, is really neat and I would not want to be without it on the bike. Here in Washington state we get lots of small pockets of rain. The XM weather radar shows them better than the weather radar does on TV.

I would go through all the pain again to have the weather on my bike.
no pain at all ... I logged onto their website ... entered my info ... went with the cheapest option: 3 years of traffic and weather for $7/month minus significant discount for prepay for 3 years. Submitted payment, went out and moved the bike out of the shop into the open so the subsciption would get set ... and 'viola' ... got XMWeather (and traffic which I could care less about)

·
Registered
262 Posts
just seeing this post made my BP go up. I'm just thankful the I have a good MP3 player and and can put whatever I want on a jump drive. ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
I had my Administrative assistant handle it.

Ok I dont have an administrative assistant. I let my wife handle it.:thumbup: I drive the bike, she takes care of the other stuff..

·
Registered
515 Posts
Call 212-584-5100. Its a North American number and you get to speak to a real live person in the US or Canada. This is the number I used to cancel - it was hassel free.....paul
I called on christmas eve and spoke to a US rep. with no delay or hassles.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts