GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered - i'm not finding anything. Also apologies in advance if this is posted in the wrong section.

My trial subscription is ending and I just renewed XM Radio and "data." I thought this meant traffic and weather. For 2 days and countless refresh signals, I finally made it up the customer support ladder high enough to get someone competent. "Gerald" told me that my dealer needs to activate the weather feature. Is this true? If so, do I need to physically bring my bike to the dealer for activation?

2019 Tour DCT. XM Radio works perfect. XM Weather shows unsubscribed. Running HG.ACM.18.11.29.08.16.00

Thanks

·
Vendor
22,058 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fred, thank you so much for the video link. It will be very helpful once I can get XM Weather. Carpe Diem, also appreciate the thought, but I can find anything about XM Weather in my Nav Manual.

My problem is actually that when I’m on the Nav screen, press enter to Nav menu, information, subscriptions, it shows XM Weather unsubscribed, so I can’t even get to the point where Fred’s video starts. Looks like I’ll be back on the phone with them for the 3rd day. Hopefully it is as simple as poor data entry on their part and they don’t have me subscribed to Weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got off the phone with XM. They are telling me that the radio on my 2019 Goldwing is not able to accept XM Weather. It is very frustrating dealing with their customer care reps. I’ll try again later. I need to “cool off”

·
Registered
130 Posts
Keep pushing the XM rep to get it turned on on their end. I had multiple reps tell me they don't have a weather service and also my radio isn't on their listing for XM. Finally they just went ahead and turned it on with the $$ also being applied, and magically it showed up on my radio, good luck

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just got off the phone with XM. They are telling me that the radio on my 2019 Goldwing is not able to accept XM Weather. It is very frustrating dealing with their customer care reps. I’ll try again later. I need to “cool off”

Good move on your part. And, keep pushing it up the ladder and ask for a supervisor. I hate dealing with incompetent people at their job. Why do I have to know more about their job than they do?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts

Told me the same....
I kept on them and finally got a rep that new what they were doing.

XM customer service is despicable IMHO......

·
Registered
17 Posts
I restled with XM for the same reason, took 2 weeks to resolve. At the end I was connected to a rep that listened to me. I forced them to totally cancel my account for the bike and then have them set it up from scratch. That worked like a charm, for some reason they refused that and gave the same reasons listed before. The dealer has nothing to do with it and has no clue. Worked great for me, just push XM to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
XM is a royal pain! Nuff said...

Reactions: Neanderthaler

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally!!! Success!!! "Eleanor" was able to turn on my xmWeather as though it were as easy as pressing enter on a keyboard. Imagine that. After at least 15 phone calls over 3 days and messages that i'd exceeded the allowable number of refresh signals to be sent. Every single rep had a different reason why it wouldn't work. I have no idea if our bikes will receive traffic, but I canceled that and applied the money to weather. Thanks for the link to the video FredH, i'm set up and working properly. RIP to all of the hair that I pulled out. Apologies to everyone in whatever country XM customer service is in for having to listen to my tirades.

·
Vendor
22,058 Posts
I think part of the confusion may be that XM has different terms for the Nav weather. I believe they now call it "Travel Link". I think if you ask for "Travel Link" instead of XM Weather ( which is a marine application), that you'll have better luck getting them to understand what you need.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just got done typing back and forth with an SXM rep regarding turning on the signal for travel link. First I was told my GW radio doesn't have those services, then she admitted it does, but according to Kristine, for some reason when she tries to add the service her system wont do it. So, she put in a request with some other department to see what they can do. I was told they should get back to me in.................7-10 business days. That was a waste of 35 minutes of my life.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AZCCJ, this is EXACTLY what I've done for the last few days. Believe me, the resolution team that is scheduled to help you are no more trained than the primary group. Prepare to have the signal resent over and over. They will ask you to turn on and off the bike multiple times. They will say that you need to wait 24 hrs for the signal to be fully downloaded. I was told to have the dealer turn on some weather feature. After all was said and done, you just have to do as post 6-9 of this thread suggested and keep calling. FredH is correct also, I asked for weather and they gave me the "data+ package" which only included traffic. I had to switch today. In the end it works, just accept that you are going to have to go to battle and dig in.

·
Registered
109 Posts
To tell you the truth it really isn't all that big a deal for me and not worth the effort and time dealing with SXM. From what I've seen on Fred's video the radar that shows up on the GPS screen is nowhere as detailed or even animated like the Myradar app on my phone. If SXM would give the service to me for free during my free SXM 3 month trial period I would check it out and use it.....during the free trial. Not sure I would be willing to pay for it though. So if they can get it to work fine, if not oh well.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Nigerian customer service

I just got done typing back and forth with an SXM rep regarding turning on the signal for travel link. First I was told my GW radio doesn't have those services, then she admitted it does, but according to Kristine, for some reason when she tries to add the service her system wont do it. So, she put in a request with some other department to see what they can do. I was told they should get back to me in.................7-10 business days. That was a waste of 35 minutes of my life.
Tread carefully Nigerian customer service......:yes: sorry could not help myself....0:)

Reactions: Neanderthaler

·
Registered
2019 GL1800
72 Posts
After reading this thread and watching Fred's video, I am still unclear if you can have a route selected (GPS tracking your route) and if the weather function overlaps that screen? Or, is it two different screens that you must switch between?

·
Vendor
22,058 Posts
After reading this thread and watching Fred's video, I am still unclear if you can have a route selected (GPS tracking your route) and if the weather function overlaps that screen? Or, is it two different screens that you must switch between?

If you have the Map option turned on, the weather will automatically overlay on the main GPS screen with your route on it.

·
Vendor
22,058 Posts
To tell you the truth it really isn't all that big a deal for me and not worth the effort and time dealing with SXM. From what I've seen on Fred's video the radar that shows up on the GPS screen is nowhere as detailed or even animated like the Myradar app on my phone. If SXM would give the service to me for free during my free SXM 3 month trial period I would check it out and use it.....during the free trial. Not sure I would be willing to pay for it though. So if they can get it to work fine, if not oh well.

I agree, the MyRadar app is better, but the advantage of the SXM weather is that you can see it when you're out of cell phone coverage, and you can also see it on the larger Nav screen on the bike, so you can watch it easier while you are riding. This is a big plus for me, and my phone is normally in the glovebox anyway, so I'd have to pull over to look at it and I'd have to be in an area with a cell phone signal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts