GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookie what happened up by Loveland Pass Wednesday afternoon and evening!

David

·
Registered
927 Posts
Lookie what happened up by Loveland Pass Wednesday afternoon and evening!
It's probably already melted off.

September is perhaps the best time to ride in Colorado. Usually good weather, no crowds. You do have to be careful, and monitor the weather. Heated gear is useful on mountain mornings.

You don't have to stay away.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

September is perhaps the best time to ride in Colorado. Usually good weather, no crowds. You do have to be careful, and monitor the weather. Heated gear is useful on mountain mornings.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ya' want to give away all our secrets?:22yikes:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I really enjoyed that...Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I left that country back in the 80's for longer summers and warmer weather. I got my money's worth this year!

·
Registered
835 Posts

I was in Cripple Creek a month ago, and I've been through Colorado a few times. As soon as you guys get some AIR that's thick enough for us lowlanders to breathe, we'll be back!! :joke:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I personally think that Colorado is one of if not, the most beautiful state in the lower 48 to ride and adventure in.

Don't know what it is like to live there 12 months out of the year though. I think if you live where you can make a decent living, you have to pay for that privilege.

Just the same, Utopia for the traveler!

Now this, is coming from a guy that lives in Nu Yawk!

Bulldog

·
Registered
316 Posts
I left that country back in the 80's for longer summers and warmer weather. I got my money's worth this year!

Yes you did. My son is a motor cop there and he said that is a record not to many folks there are bragging about.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Snow in September

Is it Global Cooling - I mean Global Warming - I mean Global Variation caused by global warming (or cooling). Hmmm.. just not sure any more.

Anyway - it would be nice to ride the back roads of Colorado and Wyoming. Live in Cheyenne, Wy back in the late 60s - early 70s and to young to ride motorcycles (street) back then.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I feel very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place. Sunny and 65 deg at my place right now. Even if I can't ride, it is usually beautiful with lots of sunshine. Just took the following two photos just to post here:

In the one below, you can even see the summit house on top.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I feel very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place. Sunny and 65 deg at my place right now. Even if I can't ride, it is usually beautiful with lots of sunshine. Just took the following two photos just to post here:

In the one below, you can even see the summit house on top.
Awesome photography, Dave!

Just got back from riding Peak-To-Peak to Lake Eldora and the "town" of Eldora... didn't even know it existed... 75 degrees and sunny today, go figure. Falcon Wing, we got plenty of riding to do before downhill racing season begins!;)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Is it Global Cooling - I mean Global Warming - I mean Global Variation caused by global warming (or cooling). Hmmm.. just not sure any more.

Anyway - it would be nice to ride the back roads of Colorado and Wyoming. Live in Cheyenne, Wy back in the late 60s - early 70s and to young to ride motorcycles (street) back then.
Get it right and drink some Al Gore cool-aid.
If it's hot...It's global warming
If it's cold...It's global warming
If it's normal..Just wait because we have global warming.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Get it right and drink some Al Gore cool-aid.
If it's hot...It's global warming
If it's cold...It's global warming
If it's normal..Just wait because we have global warming.

:beer8: - I'll try but I just can stand drinking his cool-aid (BS) -

·
Registered
57 Posts
Colorado in the fall is the best place on earth. If you have never been there in September make it a point.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts