GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You just got to love Colorado. I took the FJR for a 150 mile ride today -- west to Wilkerson Pass, across South Park and up to Fairplay, then 285 east to Pine Junction, then south via the Deckers road home. A very enjoyable, leisurely ride this afternoon with temps in the 50s and 60s.

I was stopped right in Grant (on US285) by a pretty big herd of Big Horn Sheep that was working their way along the hill by the side of the road. I stopped and watched them for 10 minutes or so -- just amazing. Then as I was pulling into my driveway the local herd of about 12 deer were leisurely grazing, including a 10-point (5x5) Buck. I was amazed by the fact that they stood some 10 feet or less from me and never even moved (good thing I wasn't riding a H-D).

Here are a couple of the photos of the Big Horn Sheep:

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Don't use "love" & "sheep" in the same sentence. Emily Post had a whole chapter on this subject. :shock:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Dave,
We will expect to see this kind of stuff when we are the in July. LOL

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You definitely don't see those in Florida.

Colorado is some gorgeous country.

Dep

2,732 Posts
Great pictures..

Dave, Great pictures and nice closeups. We have a herd in The Big Thompson Canyon (Loveland to Estes Park) also and its fun watching them jump from one precarious perch to another, looking almost certain that they don't have a landing spot as they leap from one spot to another. Even saw a baby following momma and learning the art of leaping!! Have you seen the Mountain Goats at the top of Mt. Evans?

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PoleCat said:
Don't use "love" & "sheep" in the same sentence. Emily Post had a whole chapter on this subject. :shock:
You know, that never crossed my mind -- wonder why you thought of this (heh-heh).

·
Registered
287 Posts
Nice pics of the sheep , we have a small herd of about 40 on the water shed I live on . Cool animals to watch . They are all smarter then I and have left for the winter .

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Hey bill
Its suppose to be in 70s thur - sat here come back and we can ride the dragon again.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Wingnutzz, you'll be sorry if you keep this sort of thing up.
Just remember it was YOU who started it when all us big spenders show up to artificially inflate your local economy with our lavish "free spending vacation mode" habits. :wink: :lol:
Hey! They'e all the same color. How can you tell which one is the fastest? :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Great pictures!!!!! You are one lucky son of a gun to have a area to ride like you do!!!!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I can discard everything else said, and still get to the truth of it: Your first sentence said it all.

"You just got to love Colorado."

Amen, brother.

·
Registered
229 Posts
PoleCat said:
Somebody needs to find Markj and tie him up. :lol:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey Wimpy
70's here rode last couple days . sent you and e-mail yesterday but it was refused . Hope to get back that way again .

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
kickback said:
PoleCat said:
Somebody needs to find Markj and tie him up. :lol:
Kickback, I know we are not suppose to go off topic, but have you heard from Markj???? I worry a little bit, as he has had some tuff personal problems lately.. Any word that you know of.???

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Falcon Wing said:
The road to Deckers is now open??
Yep, opened the Friday after the big snow. The new pavement is very nice (from Rainbox Falls up to West Creek) and they did a lot of work on the creek also. Speed limit is still 35mph and both the state patrol and the sheriff have been working it pretty hard, so be careful.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
wingnutzz said:
PoleCat said:
You know, that never crossed my mind -- wonder why you thought of this (heh-heh).
I guess ya gotta read Emily Post! :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sheep

Great photo Wingnutzz, A couple of us Texas riders got this shot down in Big Bend National Park two weeks ago.
Royce

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Sheep

hoopdawg24 said:
Great photo Wingnutzz, A couple of us Texas riders got this shot down in Big Bend National Park two weeks ago.
Royce
The photo was just a little too small to be able to see -- maybe you can make it larger.

Four of us are heading down to Big Bend in mid-April for our annual Spring Ride (normally AZ) -- four nights booked at the lodge in the park. Should be fun.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Beautiful pictures, that is for sure. You have way too much extra time on your hands..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts