GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my Roadsmith together:thumbup: and now hear the pulsating gear noise :eek:4:from the altenator so well documented on the tech forum. Will now start looking for a trike-friendly Honda dealer in the Dallas/North Texas area. Didn't hear any noise when I bought the 06 Wing but didn't drive it much because I wanted to get started on the trike. Finally realized that charging the battery was the key. I knew the battery was low when I bought it but just figured it had been sitting or about to give out. The low battery put a constant heavy load on the altenator so it was perfectly quiet. I confirmed this theory today by hooking the battery tester my SO got me for Christmas and cranked it up with the Wing running...the noise went away. Seems like the pat dealer answer for this problem that others have got is to ride it till it breaks...not my first choice but have to start somewhere. My SO and I are determined to make it to Kerrville in April to meet everyone, so any and all suggestions will be considered.
Best to all,
May all your rides be gear-noise free!
Lee Douglas in Princeton, TX

Attachments

·
Registered
707 Posts
Al Lambs Honda on LBJ Freeway in Dallas services our trikes. They build Motortrikes. They will fix you up with a smile.

If the give you any problem, let us know and we will call the service manager for you.

Get it fixed so we can see you in K'ville.

Finally got my Roadsmith together:thumbup: and now hear the pulsating gear noise :eek:4:from the altenator so well documented on the tech forum. Will now start looking for a trike-friendly Honda dealer in the Dallas/North Texas area. Didn't hear any noise when I bought the 06 Wing but didn't drive it much because I wanted to get started on the trike. Finally realized that charging the battery was the key. I knew the battery was low when I bought it but just figured it had been sitting or about to give out. The low battery put a constant heavy load on the altenator so it was perfectly quiet. I confirmed this theory today by hooking the battery tester my SO got me for Christmas and cranked it up with the Wing running...the noise went away. Seems like the pat dealer answer for this problem that others have got is to ride it till it breaks...not my first choice but have to start somewhere. My SO and I are determined to make it to Kerrville in April to meet everyone, so any and all suggestions will be considered.
Best to all,
May all your rides be gear-noise free!
Lee Douglas in Princeton, TX

·
Registered
809 Posts
Just don't let me or Bugsquasher near it! Unless you got extra parts.LOL:eek:4:

·
Registered
326 Posts
If you saw Bugs & TBJ's pictures of their bikes you would probably cry!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for tip

Thanks JV, :yes1:I'll get by there this week and talk to them.

Al Lambs Honda on LBJ Freeway in Dallas services our trikes. They build Motortrikes. They will fix you up with a smile.

If the give you any problem, let us know and we will call the service manager for you.

Get it fixed so we can see you in K'ville.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
What pics?
You mean this Oil Change picture?

·
Registered
809 Posts
See what happens when I'm not around to sedate him! LOL:eek:4:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts