GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been planning from Arkansas to BRP and up to coast of maine for a year. 1 week before vacation was to start I was put on my knees by a. 11×8 mm kidney stone. After 3 urological procedures , ureteral stent for 10 days I have came up with two conclusions.

1. Being tough is way over rated, not saying I am but humbly finding out I am not.
2. Never going to plan that long in advance, hoping to out smart fate or the odds, whatever you call it!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thats too bad, sorry you had to go through the pain. Sometimes God has a way of slowing us down.
We had plans to go to Myrdle Beach last month, but had to change our plans because my mother who lives with us got sick.
Hope things work out for your next trip.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Stuff happens... Two days before the Arkansas gold wing group grope in 2006, which I as planning to attend on my newly renovated Wing, as I was putting the LAST part back on it, I knocked a 3/4" piece of MDF over and it fell, on edge, across the hand I was leaning on.. Broke my middle finger tip and I couldn't ride for two weeks... Couldn't even stand to put my gloves on for several days...

I feel for you with the stone... If you're never had one... kidney stones start out feeling like there's a fly fisherman under your ribs using your testicle as a lure... Then it gets worse...

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I feel your pain I had four of them.
I had to almost die to feel better.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I have not had the pleasure, yet. Everybody should have a bucket list. Take 2 concrete pills one ride it like ya stole it, when you are discharged.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Scatter- I would be glad it didn't happen while on the road somewhere.

Joe, you are lucky that MDF didn't take off your fingers or entire hand!

AG GL

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Kidney Stones

Kidney stones--they're not for the faint of heart.:22yikes:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Sorry to hear about the health problems, and cancellation of plans. Life does throw us a curve sometimes, especially the older we get. I had prostrate surgery in early June, and my bike is sitting in the garage with a full cover over it. Dang, it's way to hot for this old man to ride anyway.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
That was a big one! My last one was 4mm, took a week and 30 pain pills before I passed it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Canceling Ride

I agree with GOJU. If you were 75 years old I'd say there isn't next year, but you've got all the time in the world. Obviously the only problem in planning a long time in advance is something can happen, but the fun of planning is just plain fun. Get through the medical stuff and start planning again...

We all feel your pain... you'll work it out.

Good luck and get well.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
you had me going for a moment ... I was thinking that spending a YEAR touring on the Wing would be some trip!
Sorry to hear about the stones ... never had the pleasure but I remember a couple of guys who did when I was a medic a lifetime ago. Pain I'd rather do without ... believe it would even floor a Seal Team Six member.
Don't give up ... anticipation is frequently as much fun as the trip.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Don't cancel it - just postpone it. Once you heal up - be on your way and enjoy!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Scatter,
Sorry to hear of the forced cancellation. This time it simply wasn't meant to be. There's a next time. Enjoy it!
OB

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sorry about your trip! I started passing one last year while on a ride and three hours from home. The worst part is it took a total of about two weeks to finally pass.

So I feel your pain and hope you are doing much better.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the get wells and I can't wait for the next long trip. Ride safe everyone!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts