GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been planning from Arkansas to BRP and up to coast of maine for one year. 1 week before vacation was to start I was put on my knees by a. 11×8 mm kidney stone. After 3 urological procedures , ureteral stent for 10 days I have came up with two conclusions.

1. Being tough is way over rated, not saying I am but humbly finding out I am not.
2. Never going to plan that long in advance, hoping to out smart fate or the odds, whatever you call it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wishing you a speedy recovery. To bad the travel plans got derailed.

Retired two years ago August, I have fallen into a routine of sorts.
I wake up in the morning, figure out what day of the week it is, and plan my day from there.
Best Wishes,
Bob

·
Registered
698 Posts
Man!...That Sucks...:eek:4:...Hope your doing better...:thumbup:...

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
They can tell ya that sucker is 8x11mm... they lie! It is a boulder trying to go through as very small tube!

do the trip... life's too short to get beat by a rock.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Now that just sucks. Never had stone, but was with a friend on the road when he came down with an attack of the stones. He is one of the toughest persons I've ever known and I watched helplessly as I saw him go into a crying, puking his guts out, curled up in the fetal position newborn baby begging for me to shoot him to end the misery. I did get him to the hospital for some wonderful pain killing drugs, though. After what I witnessed there, I guess if I suspect an impending stone attack, I'll just lay down on the tracks of an oncoming freight train. I sure hope you can recover quickly and make the ride happen.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
They can tell ya that sucker is 8x11mm... they lie! It is a boulder trying to go through as very small tube!

do the trip... life's too short to get beat by a rock.
What he said. :agree: Yowzer, that is huge. If you are up for it, go. I never had one, but have been witness to plenty. You have my sympathy for sure.

Get well soon.

·
Registered
124 Posts
OUCH! My sister in-law had 4 kids and she said droping those babies was easy compared to her kidney stones. and yes plans don't always work. Best recovery.
Jimbo Dean:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Now that just sucks. Never had stone, but was with a friend on the road when he came down with an attack of the stones. He is one of the toughest persons I've ever known and I watched helplessly as I saw him go into a crying, puking his guts out, curled up in the fetal position newborn baby begging for me to shoot him to end the misery. I did get him to the hospital for some wonderful pain killing drugs, though. After what I witnessed there, I guess if I suspect an impending stone attack, I'll just lay down on the tracks of an oncoming freight train. I sure hope you can recover quickly and make the ride happen.
I know I shouldn't be laughing at what the OP went through and believe me I feel for him, but I was cracking up after I read what Jaydee posted.

Scattercrkangus....I hope you are feeling better and can salvage your ride.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello scattercrkangus,

I sympathize with you and hope you heal quickly. I had a similar k-stone episode about 6 years ago. I stood up from my recliner to go to bed and dropped to my knees. It felt like a rusty 6" knife was being stuck in my back and twisted, but I think you know this. I managed to crawl to the car and my wife got me to the ER. I now have great respect for the person who invented Demarol (sp?) and other pain killers. Hopefully, this will only delay your trip. Ride on!

·
Registered
314 Posts
The BRP is not going anywhere soon. Get well and make the trip - it is worth it. Do the trip without the pain, get well first. Pick up some travel mags while you're recovering and just keep planning.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Sorry about the cancellation and giving birth to a stone. Ouch!:eek:4:

Don't beat yourself up too much about planning... especially to Maine. I assume you were going to Bar Harbor/Acadia. Me, too, in about three weeks.
You must have reservations to stay there in the summer.

Heal soon!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey thanks for the get wells and sympathy. The trip I assure you will only be delayed. Going to take a few day rides in place of the long trip. You all made me feel like I was not such a wimp. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts