GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday, when Toyo and I were traveling a little, we had a lot of time to chat. The question that he and I would like answered is this:

Of all the 1800's Honda has produced since the redesign year of 2001, how many were painted yellow? Even better would be numbers for each of the years they were produced such as XXXX in '02, XXXX in '03 and so on.

We would also like to know total numbers of all colors for those years, so we could see what percentage of 1800s made were the fastest color.

Anyone seen these figures or know where to find them?

Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
We all know the fastest color is Black.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
DaddyBlackWing said:
of course the fastest is Black...bet it is also the color most made/sold...

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
The problem with trying to count all the yellow 1800s is that they're so darn fast, you can't hardly see 'em! :wink:

·
Registered
19,324 Posts
With all the chrome accessories I thunk chrome was the fastest-NOT

·
Registered
165 Posts

Yellow Wolf has answered this question to my satisfaction----------Any non-believers feel free to take up the issue with Yellow Wolf at Deals Gap....................

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sorry guys, Orange is the fastest. I have to stop every now and then to let the paint catch up.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
I can't help count the yellow ones because every time I see one I have to turn away because it hurts my eyes to look. 8)

Now if you wanted to count Candy Black Cherry ones, you'd get lots of volunteers because they are so pretty to look at. Fast or slow don't matter as long as it's pretty. :wink:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'll chime in...Red is definitely the fastest....run the fomula and see...

light travels the same speed through a vacuum at all wavelengths, but when we send the light through something other than a vacuum, like glass we see that light bends/slows, this is seen through snells law below

n1*sin(theta1) = n2*sin(theta2)

the part in the equation n1 & n2 are called the index of refraction, it is the ratio of the speed of light in a vacuum divided by the speed of light in that substance, so an index of refraction of 1 means that you are in a vacuum b/c the speed of light travels the same speed it would in a vacuum But if you send light through water, water has an index of refraction and light slows down. The process of light slowing down bends the angle at which the direct ray of light travels, so the MORE light slows down the MORE it bends, now say you have a drop of water suspended in a vacuum above your head, white light(which is composed of all frequencies of visible light) hits this clear drop of water and is slowed down and bends, but the different frequencies of light that compose the white light bend different amounts(this amount is small but visible from a distance) the lower frequency light is less affected by the drop of water as it has a longer wavelength and oscillates a lesser amount of times through the distance of the water drop, the higher frequency light ocsillates many times through the same water drop and is slowed down more because of it so it bends more. This process is called diffraction and causes the spectrum of colors in white light to diffract when sent through matter. The blue light(higher frequency) is bent more and the red light is bend less and through this distance of bending is a gradient of light that we call a rainbow.

So to answer your question, the speed of light is the same for all frequencies in a vacuum BUT when you send light through matter is slows down a certain amount, red light (lower frequency) travels faster than blue light (higher frequency).

The lower frequencies are affected less by traveling through matter, this is why infrared light is used in fiber optics as opposed to ultraviolet or visible light.

So you see RED is the fastest... :a13: :a13: :a13:

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :biker:

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I.M.Winginit said:
I'll chime in...Red is definitely the fastest....run the fomula and see...

light travels the same speed through a vacuum at all wavelengths, but when we send the light through something other than a vacuum, like glass we see that light bends/slows, this is seen through snells law below

n1*sin(theta1) = n2*sin(theta2)

the part in the equation n1 & n2 are called the index of refraction, it is the ratio of the speed of light in a vacuum divided by the speed of light in that substance, so an index of refraction of 1 means that you are in a vacuum b/c the speed of light travels the same speed it would in a vacuum But if you send light through water, water has an index of refraction and light slows down. The process of light slowing down bends the angle at which the direct ray of light travels, so the MORE light slows down the MORE it bends, now say you have a drop of water suspended in a vacuum above your head, white light(which is composed of all frequencies of visible light) hits this clear drop of water and is slowed down and bends, but the different frequencies of light that compose the white light bend different amounts(this amount is small but visible from a distance) the lower frequency light is less affected by the drop of water as it has a longer wavelength and oscillates a lesser amount of times through the distance of the water drop, the higher frequency light ocsillates many times through the same water drop and is slowed down more because of it so it bends more. This process is called diffraction and causes the spectrum of colors in white light to diffract when sent through matter. The blue light(higher frequency) is bent more and the red light is bend less and through this distance of bending is a gradient of light that we call a rainbow.

So to answer your question, the speed of light is the same for all frequencies in a vacuum BUT when you send light through matter is slows down a certain amount, red light (lower frequency) travels faster than blue light (higher frequency).

The lower frequencies are affected less by traveling through matter, this is why infrared light is used in fiber optics as opposed to ultraviolet or visible light.

So you see RED is the fastest... :a13: :a13: :a13:

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :biker:
Van Dyer told me once...in fact it was the last time you posted this...Black really isn't Black. Black is some mystical color that is so fast that light can't catch up with it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Trialsman,

You will never get a sane answer from anyone not sane enough to buy a yellow wing!

I thought we did an informal poll on this board and yellow was the top seller (at least for those who responded). Maybe the mind is playing tricks on me. Maybe Hal knows of a way to find this info.

·
Registered
312 Posts
DaddyBlackWing said:

Yellow is a color of light. Light travels at, well, lightspeed; the speed of light.

Black is the absence of color; dark. There is no "speed of dark." :wink:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
The reason the yellow seems so fast they are all trying to catch a red one

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
I rehashed Snells law prior to purchasing !! Of course it came up with Red and I did a little more calculating and came up with Illusion Red as the fastest color in the universe !! Absolutely nothing faster !!! :D

There was a contest one day. A race between a Yellow Rabbit and a Illusion Red Snail, The Snail won by two lengths !! :lol:

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Boys, Boys, Boys!!!!

Yellow is OK, red well I leave that alone and be nice, black again OK BUT,,,,we all know nothing is faster than a BLUE STREAK!!!!!!!!!!! :22yikes:

as in fast a a "blue Streak" even Superman wore blue!!!!! as did the Lone Ranger,,,,so there!

That settles that!!!!!!!!!! no more questions about fastest bike, you've be told once, don't make me come down there!!!!!! :a13:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Did you ever wonder why the BIG S on the front of Supermans suit is RED ???

Take heed !!

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
to give contrast to the blue suit and to give something for the bad guys to aim at when they throw that Gun at him and he ducks....why is that??bullets bounce off of him, but he ducks when they throw the gun at him!!!!!! :? :? :? Very strange!!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I was told they chose a different color to be the fastest each year. I know for 06 they chose titanium and have heard for 07 it is blue.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts