GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The November meeting of the SE Region of Hal's Angels was a complete blast. We had a total of 15 participants from 5 states.
In attendance were Trialsman, Panther, TommyGun, Sherrel D and Kay, Yellow Wolf, Galute, Hog, Robeth, Snoppy, me & Mirtes, a guy on a Hyabusa, a guy on a ST, and somebody's son. (Rick, help me with the missing names...)
If there's a better way to spend a day, I don't know it.

Here's a couple of pictures:

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Goldwing - $15-20k
Gas for 15 goldwings from 5 states - $250
Picture of Yellow Wolf at a DQ - priceless. :wink: :p

We only managed to get 4 guys (CJS, Betthe, Bob Vanness and myself) from 3 counties to our Michigan lunch ride to a Steak-N-Shake in Lansing. :oops:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I don't know, Snopy and Robeth in the same parking lot, Hmmmm Could be dangerous.

Looks like it was a good showing.

Dawg

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
It would have been a little better, if we hadn't been held up by grandma and grandpa in their cages out for a Saturday drive. :roll:

It was great :D

Let's do it again soon.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
poleman said:
Hal's Angels, and no Hal to be seen.

So what was on the menu, oops, I mean the agenda?
The only times I ever broke bread with Hal was in Florida --- and he was in a car 50% of the time.... (but he always contributed in big financial ways).

We met at the DQ just to live up to the Goldwinger cliche. It's humorous, isn't it?
After a brisk but orderly ride in the mountains, much conversation and many ribs at the DDKing-endorsed Rib Country in Blairesville. We hugged and exchanged stories.
The weather was perfect. The roads were dry and debris-free. Maybe a cage or two got in the way, but many of them pulled over and let us be schoolboys.

It was a really fun day to be a gl1800rider.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Sid Moen said:
That's two rides i wish I could have made it to this weekend. :(
Me too, Sid! Looks like everyone had a nice ride this weekend. I'm hoping the weather will hold out so we can ride tomorrow. Hope we'll be able to make it to the New Year's Day lunch!

Becky

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Looks like ya'll had a great time. Wish I could have been there.

The DQ picture is priceless...LOL.

Dep

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I am sure he was there on speaker phone.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Perhaps YW taped the spirited ride? Any movies due out on this meet?

Looks like it was good folks, good weather, good food and a good ride! What else is needed? Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
first thanks everyone for coming out !!!! was a fun ride in the mountains!!!!!

nope did not tape it was just a fun outing for me and it was fun!!!!

that many bike and all went smooth and that says it all i think!!!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Meeting Photos

Sherrel D said:
We have posted some photos of the SE gathering. Wow, what a day. Good friends, good food, and great weather.
Sherrel D & Kay
I noticed that you didn't have a photo of yourself and Kay...

And I really should post a portrait of the word's most misunderstood hooligan:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Was one enjoyable ride. The riders that left and headed back from Blairsville sure missed out on the ride of a life time. A very spirited ride on 129, the Shyway and yes the Gap. To watch five Goldwings with highly skilled riders taking on the Shyway and Gap in a tight formation was one beautiful sight. It was a honor to ride with these guys.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Snoppy said:
Was one enjoyable ride. The riders that left and headed back from Blairsville sure missed out on the ride of a life time. A very spirited ride on 129, the Shyway and yes the Gap. To watch five Goldwings with highly skilled riders taking on the Shyway and Gap in a tight formation was one beautiful sight. It was a honor to ride with these guys.
We would've liked to, Snoop. But we live in the other direction...
We did a loop back toward Clayton, then down 197 around Lake Burton, over to Sautee, then back toward the Woodstock area via backroads. We stopped at the Old Sautee Store; here's a couple of pictures of it:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts