GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the motorcycle show in Toronto Canada yesterday and was talking to the owners of the store/gas station at the end of Deals Gap, (NC side) and they told me Yellow Wolf has sold his wing and is moving on to dirt bikes with and for his son.

Rick if this is true, all the best to you my friend! It has been a pleasure knowing you and I hope our paths cross again in the future.

Shadow1
Hal

·
Registered
894 Posts
I was thinking of going to that show but something`s come up. I wanted to see the new 2007 metallic colors................what were your impressions and which was your favorite ? Thx ! :)

Roger

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Shadow1 said:
I was at the motorcycle show in Toronto Canada yesterday and was talking to the owners of the store/gas station at the end of Deals Gap, (NC side) and they told me Yellow Wolf has sold his wing and is moving on to dirt bikes with and for his son.

Rick if this is true, all the best to you my friend! It has been a pleasure knowing you and I hope our paths cross again in the future.

Shadow1
Hal
Shadow1
FYI
click here
and here

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Thats hard to believe Rick would sell his wing except to get another one or as he mentioned quite awhile ago a ST1300.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ooop's sorry! :oops:

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sir Rog. I have seen the colours before. The Orange is rusty, the maroon is maroony, the blue is bluey and thats all they had at the show. I jave seen the black but it is almost charcoal this year, quite nice IMHO. It was a pretty good show. They did have the maroon one almost all decked out with all Hondaline chrome, it also was the airbag model too. They even had Honda credit right there just incase you wanted to step into that maroon one for about $35,000 Cdn.
Shadow1
Hal

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
He called a Board Meeting a few weeks ago and we assembled at the DQ in Clayton. Had a nice little ride (too many cages to go-sick, but it was a pretty day).

Big tasty lunch at Rib Country.

He dropped a couple of hints that day. Said things like, "maybe they'll put my bike in the Smithsonian when I sell it..." Stuff like that.

I wish him the best of luck in his new venture as Yellow Truck Driver Wolf. And I'm sure he'll enjoy the dirt bikes. Look for posts from Toyo and Trialsman; I don't think they'll be able to resist dragging their dirt bikes up there to ride with Rick.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Shadow1 said:
Sir Rog. I have seen the colours before. The Orange is rusty, the maroon is maroony, the blue is bluey and thats all they had at the show. I jave seen the black but it is almost charcoal this year, quite nice IMHO. It was a pretty good show. They did have the maroon one almost all decked out with all Hondaline chrome, it also was the airbag model too. They even had Honda credit right there just incase you wanted to step into that maroon one for about $35,000 Cdn.
Shadow1
Hal
Thx, for the reply Shadow1. First off, sorry if it appeared as if I was deliberately trying to high jack the thread by asking an impertinent question.

Interesting remark however, in regards to the metallic black being almost charcoal. Sound`s very interesting, and somehow, wouldn`t it show imperfections such as swirls and scratches less, since it has all that metallic in the paint ? What would you think, after seeing it ? Thx, in advance.

Roger

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
If Rick is driving a truck now......... does he hang his ass to the sides when in a curve?

:arrow: :wink: :wink:

:22yikes:

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sir Rog. You will have to see it for yourself. It's hard to explain it but I do not beleive there will be the trouble with the swirls in the paint. JMHO I actually like the new black. Prolly wouldn't ever buy one, but it is nice to look at.

Shadow1
Hal

·
Registered
894 Posts
Shadow1 said:
Sir Rog. You will have to see it for yourself. It's hard to explain it but I do not beleive there will be the trouble with the swirls in the paint. JMHO I actually like the new black. Prolly wouldn't ever buy one, but it is nice to look at.

Shadow1
Hal
Thx again, Hal. Now I`m excited to see the Metallic Black, in person. :)

Roger

1 - 13 of 13 Posts