GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're leaving Saturday the 25th and are planning to be at MT Rushmore the 26th then over to Cody by the 27th. Are there any places to stay in Cody that won't break the bank or maybe another area that would be kinda centralized....our plans are to go to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Beartooth Highway and rest is open....we would be in the area for about 5 days. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Take Care
Mike

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Motels in Cody are expensive and always full. We made reservations a few days ahead and all we could get was Super 8 for I think $140. There probably isn't much cheaper and if there is it is already reserved.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
We're leaving Saturday the 25th and are planning to be at MT Rushmore the 26th then over to Cody by the 27th. Are there any places to stay in Cody that won't break the bank or maybe another area that would be kinda centralized....our plans are to go to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Beartooth Highway and rest is open....we would be in the area for about 5 days. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Take Care
Mike
We ar pulling out the 24th for the same general area.

We are staying (2) nites at Cooke City (5 miles from the NE gate of yellowstone) in the Soda Butte Lodge for 80 per night) Cooke City is right at the Junction of Beartooth and Chief Joseph.

In the area is Silver Gate and a couple of other small comunities. Just use caution, most of the parking lots are gravel and they have had rain an snow almost every day for the last 30 days.

This cam is from the Soda Butte lodge looking at the Super 8
http://www.cookecity.com/WebCam.htm

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
the Irma Hotel in Cody was awesome. Like stayin in the old west with modern facilities. And it's haunted. Stayed there 2 nights last year and yes it was haunted. things go bump in the night and touch the wifes feet in the middle of the night. :shock: http://www.irmahotel.com/

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Sure would have been big Mice. It sounded as though furniture was being moved across hardwood floors. funny, when we looked out there was no furniture in the hall way and it is really nice carpet, wall to wall. Yep they got ghosts. :thumbup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responses....I will start calling around to see what I can find. We had originally planned on camping but things have changed and we can't go that route now.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
We stayed at the Antler Inn last year....reasonably priced, within walking distance of restaurants and Main St.

It had been remodeled. Motorcycle friendly. No complaints.

·
Registered
21,020 Posts
last week we stayed at a pretty nice family owned motel near the western edge of Cody, just past the walmart supercenter, exact name i can't remember but it had the number 6 in it, with tax it was $110 per nite and it was actually 2 rooms with 3 double beds, $15 less with just one room and 2 double beds, the other places we checked in Cody were $120 and up for 2 beds

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you can't get any decent reservations in Cody, try the Super 8 in Powell 307-754-7231 or the Lamplighter Inn in Powell 307-754-2226. Powell is about 25 miles east of Cody.

If you need any other info, PM me.

·
Registered
905 Posts
My grandson and I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Cody for 8 days while we toured the area .. it's a little pricy, but I like the comfort and amenities they offer. It's a great place and I'll use it again in my next trip out that way.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Once again, Thanks for the responses. We have chosen the Beartooth Inn....priced at 119.00 per night plus tax.....hope we made a good decision.

Take Care
Mike

·
Registered
709 Posts
You know on my trip last year I had talked to a couple of riders who stayed in Cody at a little known hotel. It isn't much but it was comforable, had a little kitchenette. Great little location and a good price. The owner rides too. Actually the most comforable bed the whole trip.

Here is a link...like I said aint much to look at but comforable close to alot of things.( Chief Joesph/Beartooth hwys) a couple of blocks from the Irma Hotel....

http://www.uptowncody.com/index.html

·
Registered
709 Posts
If you do you have to go to the irma hotel and have their prime rib buffet and watch the gun fight....

·
Registered
437 Posts
You might want to check the yellowstone valley inn 18 miles west of cody on the road to yellowstone, small cabins , on site resturant and lounge very senic, under 100 per night, nice place to stay about 25minutes to yellowstone east gate

1 - 20 of 26 Posts