GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm in Sheridan, Wyoming but visit the Park all of the time. Which part of the Park are you planning to visit and which Towns are you going through? How much time do you have?
It's a big area.

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
Cody pretty good to stay n see if down that way ! ?

·
Registered
796 Posts
If you can still get a room get one in the Park, we stayed in the park in 2010, won't stay any where else when we go back. We stayed in an Old Faithful Lodge Cabin, they are old but clean and very close to Old Faithful

·
Registered
812 Posts
I spent the summer of 2012 working at Old Faithful and fell in love with the place. The housing there is broken into 3 separate sections....Old Faithful Inn, Old Faithful Lodge and the Old Faithful Snow Lodge. If you get the Snow Lodge cabins, each has a private bath. The rooms in the Snow Lodge proper are more modern than rooms in the Old Faithful Inn but the Old Faithful Inn has both rustic rooms that are kept in their historical condition with most of those rooms having community bathrooms and some "modernized" rooms have private baths. All of the cabins associated with the Old Faithful Lodge use community bathrooms that are located centrally in the cabin area. Be aware that there is no Television in the area and no radios either. The only visitor internet access is available at an extra charge in the Snow Lodge. Regardless of which facility you can get a room in, be sure to take some time to visit and tour the Old Faithful Inn, that building is awesome.

Getting a reservation at any of the Old Faithful facilities will be chancy because they are usually booked pretty full.

One thing to be aware of is to keep everything on your bike well secured. Theft there is by humans is no problem, but the ravens will strip anything available to get at the goodies inside the fabric or leather bags that are left on the bikes. Many times while going across the parking lots there, I have shooed the ravens away from bikes and have seen many expensive bags both leather and fabric ruined by the ravens as they tear into them to get the goodies. The ravens have learned to unzip bags to get to goodies and in failing to unzip, they will tear holes in them to access contents. One instance that year, a biker had his wallet in a leather bag and the raven took the wallet containing his license, credit cards and a little cash. Other times small cameras were taken, so be sure to secure anything you don't want to loose.

If you choose to stay in Cody, check out the Buffalo Bill cabins in Cody, they are very comfortable and well kept offering privacy and quiet, they are very motorcycle friendly and good to deal with.

Whichever you choose, be careful around the wildlife and have a great time.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
We tent camped but drove into West Yellowstone almost every evening. It isn't far from the old Faithful area and everything is pretty close together and doesn't take to long to make the whole loop. Made it at least twice. If I was looking for a motel, I would check West Yellowstone.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
We stayed at the Cowboy's Lodge in Gardiner, MT located at the north entrance to the park. When we were there in 2012, the place was just 1 year old or so, and very nice. We stayed in the upstairs over the restaurant (which wasn't noisy at all) and they provided us with a place to park the bike with trailer is a semi-secure area. We had two bedrooms and a kitchen, two baths, great for two couples. They have smaller accomodations if just two people. Very nice people own the business, and they also have other properties in the area (which we didn't see when we were there). The main reason we went with Gardiner, is it isn't as pricey as the other towns surrounding the park, and is still in a nice area with great scenery. :yes1: :yes1: The sooner you get reservations, the better! I can't stress that enough since Yellowstone is a very popular destination and lodging gets snatched up months in advance. We made reservations for our July trip in February.
http://cowboyslodge.com/
We stayed in the "Loft Lookout" as shown here: http://cowboyslodge.com/lodging/suites/loft-lookout/

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
We criss-crossed the park every day for four days. Stayed in Jackson, Gardiner, Cody and West Yellowstone. I think we stayed in Best Westerns every night except Jackson. The roads into and out of the park are almost as good as the park, aka Chief Joseph, Grand Tetons, Beartooth/Cooke City.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
WE always stay at the Cody Cowboy Village.
Nice cabins and restaurants nearby.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Spent 5 nights at the Lazy G motel in West Yellowstone. It is old, but clean and the owners run the place themselves. The price was very reasonable.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Holiday Inn in Cody .. excellent ! Nice ride to and from the Park.
Clean, neat, reasonably priced, pool, excellent breakfast with great service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you ride in on Bear Tooth Pass which I highly recommend, you can stay in Cooke City. This is just before the Silver Gate entrance. Best prices and nice hotels. Very small town. Closes in the winter.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I stayed in West Yellowstone in late Sep, 2010. I would do it differently the next time. At that time of the year, I was riding into a very bright sun both leaving in the morning and returning in the evening. It was very difficult and somewhat dangerous. I had even taped the helmet's shield, to make it work like a visor, and it would still blind me in some of the switchbacks.

Richard

·
Registered
437 Posts
we stayed at the yellow stone valley inn a short and beautiful ride from the east entrance to Yellowstone, the have cabin rooms, restaurant and lounge on site, reasonable about 100 per nite very nice setting, about half way between cody and the east entrance

·
Registered
657 Posts
we stayed at the yellow stone valley inn a short and beautiful ride from the east entrance to Yellowstone, the have cabin rooms, restaurant and lounge on site, reasonable about 100 per nite very nice setting, about half way between cody and the east entrance
We also stayed there for five days in Sept.I would also recommend it.

Barry

·
Registered
348 Posts
We stayed one night at the Alpine in West Yellowstone. It is a bike friendly, clean mom and pop place with reasonable rates.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
If you ride in on Bear Tooth Pass which I highly recommend, you can stay in Cooke City. This is just before the Silver Gate entrance. Best prices and nice hotels. Very small town. Closes in the winter.
I highly agree. Cooke City is really nice. Has everything you need and is located close to the northeast entrance to the park. I've stayed at (Alpine Inn and can't remember the other) mom & pop hotels and never had a bad room. I Hope to be able to go back again.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yellow Stone Lodge

I highly agree. Cooke City is really nice. Has everything you need and is located close to the northeast entrance to the park. I've stayed at (Alpine Inn and can't remember the other) mom & pop hotels and never had a bad room. I Hope to be able to go back again.
Great place in the park. Make sur to make dinner arrangements at the hotel-long way out of the park to eat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts