GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me advice on a good ride from Yellowstone to Four Corners through Utah in August. We're allowing two days for the trip to see some sites. Thanks K.C.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
K.C.,
you're asking for advice so here's mine..............
2 days ain't enough time... :(
you'll be travelling thru some of the most scenic country in America, so there ain't no "bad rides or roads" thru this neighborhood. :D
As for directions from Yellowstone to 4 Corners, take U.S 20 to I-15 So. thru Salt Lake City to U.S. 191 thru MOAB,Ut over to US 160 & on into 4 corners.
On the way you'll be passing thru Arches & Canyon Lands N.P.'s alogwith Monument Valley & a whole lot of other places.
2 days ain't enuf....,but enjoy what you can. :D
JMO
the hobo

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hobo hit it right on the head, great route to take. Can also take 550 through Silverton and Durango to the Four Corners area.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Stopped at 4 corners on the way back from CA this past year....while everyone should see it once, I wouldn't go back.....just a big slab of metal on the ground to have a picture taken and a big flee market....plus they change admission.....I was disappointed....

But go at least once to say " I was there"

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Advice? Utah in August? Stay cool, man.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
My advice: Skip four-corners unless you are already planning to go that way to get to Monument Valley. Just too many great rides in Colorado and Southern Utah to spend any time going to Four Corners, which you will pay the fee to get there and it is basically nothing. Make a sigh that says "Four Corners" and lay it on the ground anywhere -- take a photo and just pretend. You'll be better off.

2,732 Posts
You forgot

You all forgot that you can buy lots of Indian trinkets and fry bread at the Four Corners. Other than a picture of you touching all 4 states, there ain't much there cept' dirt blowing and sagebrush for miles. But if ya ain't done it, it's like Sturgis, you need to do it once in your lifetime!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Going through Idaho, follow the two-lane along the west side of the Teton's. Nice rural America hosted by the Mormon's.

Go over Grand Teton Pass (US26).

At 4-corners you can lay down in 4 states at once. Don't. Others before you have done many other things in four states at once!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Even people in Arizona don't go through the desert in August, I would anticipate the temperatures to be around 115 degrees +/- 5 degrees. My suggestion is take plenty of water and travel early in the morning. Stay in the high country where it is cool. The Monument Valley area this is close to is best seen in early June or October.
Good luck.

2007 - Titanium

·
Registered
585 Posts
KYBLUE said:
Stopped at 4 corners on the way back from CA this past year....while everyone should see it once, I wouldn't go back.....just a big slab of metal on the ground to have a picture taken and a big flee market....plus they change admission.....I was disappointed....

But go at least once to say " I was there"
Travel early in the morning is the key. We got to the four corners at 0730 and the Indians were'nt out of bed yet so no one was there to collect our money. No one was there selling anything. It was perfect. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts