GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
...but silliously, timing shifts with engine speed is a good thing. Also, use the proper viscosity - sorry, but it DOES matter. I'm the guy who rebuilt some of those "Super Truckers" tranny's ( and I don't mean girlfriends).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok....So I’ve been using 10/40 synthetic blend Honda oil since I purchased this bike in September of 18, the shifting has been pretty much as expected Clunky to say the least and a tad hard. This time I went to the 10/30 Honda HP4S and during our ride today I can tell a difference in the shifting, the clunk it still there but feels much more positive and smoother is how I can explain it. I don’t believe I will go back to the 10/40 I was using, I can’t say it’s because of the full synthetic or the 10/30 as recommended or a combination of both. I’m happy with the results that were made, don’t want to start an oil bashing I’m just sharing my results.
I have a 06 Wing and I have always put 10/40 Amsoil full synthetic in it . My bike calls for 10/40 so that's what I put in it but when Its really hot out side and the bike is running hot ,it clunks into gear and I am thinking if I put 10/30 in it would it shift smoother when it is hot in the summertime because it shifts smooth in cool weather with the 10/40.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts