GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In addition to being my 66th birthday, it was also the first day of my retirement. Decided I had worked enough and it was time to get out and play a little bit. All the upgrades are done on Black Beauty except the handle bar risers, handle bar end weights, the new emergency flasher switch. Those should be done by Monday or Tuesday, and with warmer weather on the horizon, there's going to be a bunch of riding going on this Summer. Ride safe everyone, hope to see you out on the road. :grin2:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrats!!! It's a wonderful feeling, you're in for one of life's sweet treats. I pulled out of the rat race last year at 49, not the richest retire but I'm more content and happy as I've been.
Oh and enjoy the black beauty I hear that's the fastest... But your retired now going fast any where is a sin
JD

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Enjoy your retirement. I retired 2+ years ago and it feels like it's been one long weekend. Your about to wonder how you were able to fit time to go to work into your schedule. One of the biggest differences is you don't have to be back by a certain day so take your time, you'll learn traveling on the road especially the back roads is as enjoyable as the destinations.

Happy trails

·
Registered
928 Posts
Congrats - Been 19 years for me and believe me, you have found and are going to enjoy the best job you ever had. Ride safe and enjoy the ride.

Crabby Bob

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Happy belated birthday, and a hearty congrats on your retirement!

Reactions: MountainRider

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody, much appreciated. I was all ready to ride today...…..then it rained and got cold. :frown2: Oh well, every day is a new day.

·
Registered
191 Posts
In addition to being my 66th birthday, it was also the first day of my retirement. Decided I had worked enough and it was time to get out and play a little bit. All the upgrades are done on Black Beauty except the handle bar risers, handle bar end weights, the new emergency flasher switch. Those should be done by Monday or Tuesday, and with warmer weather on the horizon, there's going to be a bunch of riding going on this Summer. Ride safe everyone, hope to see you out on the road. :grin2:
Congratulations! I pulled the retirement trigger 4 years ago, best thing I've ever done. I finally found something that I'm good at! LOL ;)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
First of all, WELCOME to one of the greatest clubs of all!! RETIREMENT FOLKS!

Next comes another fun question...about 6 months into retirement: How did I ever have enough time to WORK? LOL!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Congratulations on your Birthday and your Retirement!

Hope you enjoyed your birthday and live out your retirement riding the Wing.

This is a good day ... I wish you the best!

Donnie

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to retirement been 3 years for me. Just remember everyday is Saturday lol

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Congrats on your retirement! :congrats: Now the fun begins............... :biker:

·
Registered
334 Posts
In addition to being my 66th birthday, it was also the first day of my retirement. Decided I had worked enough and it was time to get out and play a little bit. :grin2:
Congratulations!
I plan to teach for one more year then retire. That will make 40 years of high school for me and it just isn't the same any more. It's easier to move mountains than it is to get most of these kids to work. I can hardly wait to finish up and get more riding time especially in the Fall when I have never been able to travel.

Best wishes MountainRider!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Happy birthday and congratulations on retiring. 7 years for me and my wife.
I hope you are ready for it as I have 2 friends who after 1 and 3 years just went back to work in the past 2 weeks.
Crazy

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rigby is such a beautiful part of the world. Almost as a beautiful as North Idaho.:clap2:
Thanks, your part of the world ain't half bad either. Beautiful up there.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Retired in 2002.

Saddest part? Retirement is a full time job. I haven't had a day off in the last 17 years!!:grin2:

Used to patrol Rigby with ISP back in the day. If I recall correctly, Rigby claims to be home to the invention of TV?

But Paradise Valley, Montana was home back then.

Ride safe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts