·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least they have a decent charge against this drunk driver. The story;

Harley rider killed in wreck
By News Sentinel staff
October 13, 2006

CLINTON - A Clinton man driving a pickup slammed into the back of a motorcycle, knocking the driver off and dragging him to his death, police said.
Barry Lynn Brummett, 51, told police he was sipping on a beer and speeding at the time of the collision, according to a warrant.

Brummett is charged with aggravated vehicular homicide and drunken driving in connection with Wednesday's death of Timothy A. Neeley, 49, of Indianapolis.

Brummett has two other drunken driving charges and several traffic violations on his driving record, a police report states.

Neeley, traveling east on state Highway 61, was killed when Brummett's eastbound Ford F-250 ran into the back of his Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

According to reports, several witnesses said Brummett was speeding and driving recklessly just before the wreck, which occurred just before 2 p.m. Wednesday near the Buffalo Road intersection.

Neeley was dragged under the pickup until it came to a stop partially in the inside lane of westbound Highway 61, Clinton Police Sgt. Scott Gregory's report says.

Brummett said he "consumed some beers prior to the accident," according to the arrest warrant.

Two partially empty beer bottles were inside the truck cab, the warrant states.

He later told police he was drinking a beer at the time of the accident.

Brummett submitted to a series of field sobriety tests and "performed poorly," according to the warrant.

Brummett remained in the Anderson County Jail Thursday in lieu of $55,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in Anderson County General Sessions Court Oct. 23.

Copyright 2006, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Senseless loss of innocent life due to alcohol. I hope it's 3 strikes and you're out for this guy. Gotta start treating drunk driving like a serious crime or there will be more repeat offenders and loved ones lost.

Prayers for the victims family.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
This guy will get at least 10 days community service........

Sure, I have faith in the system.....

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
shoot him in the head, throw him in the pit!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
The law should hold the system responsible for even letting this guy drive and the judges who let them go to do this again and again.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
A lottery should be held for all the victim's relatives that want to participate. You shackle the *******'s hands and feet sitting on a chair in a locked room with video cameras rolling for evidence. Then have the winner of the lottery have at him for 15 minutes with a baseball bat, then see if he survives. Oh, by the way, make that baseball bat an aluminum one just in case the wooden one brakes. Justice will be served. To hell with jail time!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
KYBLUE:

Shoot him in the head...and forget the pit. Let him sit out and rot where all the other potential drunk drivers can see what awaits them. Brutal and inhumane? Exactly. :evil:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm an alcoholic with 19 years of sobriety, and I can tell you, nothing the "system" does will solve the problem until the drinker takes responsibility for his problem and admits he's out of control. I took that responsibility before I ever had an accident or physically hurt someone else. It did, however, cost me a marriage to a good woman.

I have no sympathy to a drunk in denial, and my prayers and thoughts go out to the victim and those he left behind. Drunks even ride bikes and kill themselves. If you drink, don't ride or drive. You can't undo the damage you cause.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bad Bike wreck

When I first saw your post I was thinking it happened up there in Indiana.

After reading some more of the details, like CLINTON, Hy 61 etc...I am about 40 miles from there.

Hy 61 is a nice ride all across eastern TN from Harriman, Oliver Springs, Clinton, and all the way around all the hills to Blaine TN where it ends at Hy 11W.

Sorry to hear of the tragic accident down here..<____________>rip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts