GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rash of helmet threads have gotten me curious.
Are there any other quality helmet manufacturers that use a ratcheting/quick-connect type latching mechanism like the Nolan?

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
I tried on the new Shuberth at Americade and it has a very similar latching system. Nice helmet too, wish I had over $700 for one!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Scooby,

Many of the newer generation modular/fullface/threequarter/half helmets use what you have pictured ,,,or,, i simple quick connect/disconnect button,,,,such as what my brain bucket has.
After having gone so long with the old school d-ring setup,,,then going to this sytem,,one of those deals" why didn't i get this a long time ago".
the old die hards will say the d-ring setup 'is safer'. don't know were that comes from honestly?

bc

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
No experience with the Nolan style pictured connector. I have seen too many of this type fail. http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/echo-quick-release/ Now, seeing as I never put it together, it may have not been bucled, but the riders that survived swore the were buckled. So much for that.

The D-ring set up is tried, true and seldom fails. Old school? Perhaps. Sometimes it ain't worth fixin, cause it ain't broke. I am sure if demand gets high enough, the buckle system will change too. Just remember, change is just that, not always for the better.

Best Wishes

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've had Nolen's for years (102 and 43 Trilogy) and love the strap mechanism. It's a "european"thing, Schuberth, and some of the other european mfgrs' go for 'em. I think Vemar has 'em as well. I am VERY satisified and wish I had the same system on my Arai Corsair. I have never heard or read of anyone having a problem with factory type latches, though there were issues a few years ago with aftermarket "conversions" ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts