GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took about 3.5 hours, but I put it in!!!! CB that is.... FOllowed all the fine help on the board and did it!! The hardest d#nm thing to do was put the stinkin' seat back on. Took about 1/2 hour just for that... HOT D#mn...It's hard to be humble when your good, ya know????????

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Soon you'll be wondering why you didn't do it sooner.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Good job!!

I felt great just helping put one in. I learned a lot. But I still will NOT do it alone when it comes time for mine to be put in.... Better to have 2 brains and 2 sets of eyes...:lol:

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Took about 3.5 hours, but I put it in!!!! CB that is.... FOllowed all the fine help on the board and did it!! The hardest d#nm thing to do was put the stinkin' seat back on. Took about 1/2 hour just for that... HOT D#mn...It's hard to be humble when your good, ya know????????
G.....congrats! I'm glad it worked out for you. Sorry I couldn't make it down we were relocating a hot tub. "breaker, breaker 1-9"

·
Registered
19,049 Posts
:congrats:Breaker one that's a ten four

·
Registered
194 Posts
:congrats:

...but does it WORK?!?!?! :joke:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Congrats....nothing like doing it yourself huh ?

I think a CB is great to have... being able to chat and ride , especially long distance and group rides make it just more fun...plus you can keep eachother alert.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
:congrats::clap2::clap2::capwin:

·
Registered
263 Posts
The Seat!

Yes, the seat can be difficult to put back on.
First, make sure the spacers are seated into the holes under the seat where the bolts will come through. That seems to be the biggest hurdle.

Some folks swear that you "Must" take off the back rest first to do this. They're on Crack! Slide the front tongue and tabs in and shove the back down. If the spacers are in place, it will go together in 2 minutes.

If it's heated, connect that first!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You might want to recheck your wiring. Every time you key up, my toilet flushes! What's up with that?! :lol:

Seriously, though... :congrats:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just ordered a cb for my bike! man there is so much to learn, is channel 19 still the main over the road channel? Thanks J

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
:congrats:Soon you will be wondering why you ever bought one in the first place!:wrong:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts