GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm a new member (1 day) & soon to be darksider. 1st post. After much research, discussions with guys who have a ct on their 1800's, and muuuch dwelling about it, I decided to to replace my nearly worn out rear E3 with a nail in it, with a car tire. Just makes sense. Wanted to buy a Kumho localy but no luck with that. A farm supply store who I buy my car & pickup tires from suggested a Yokohama Avid ENVigor that they could order. I Researched online & found them to be very comparable to Kumho in most all respects, so ordered one. 195/55/16. Will pull the wheel & bring it in to them to replace the rubber. My question, if I may, what c/t do most use, & why? I tried to find to find this info using the forum search with no luck. Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Hi. I'm a new member (1 day) & soon to be darksider. 1st post. After much research, discussions with guys who have a ct on their 1800's, and muuuch dwelling about it, I decided to to replace my nearly worn out rear E3 with a nail in it, with a car tire. Just makes sense. Wanted to buy a Kumho localy but no luck with that. A farm supply store who I buy my car & pickup tires from suggested a Yokohama Avid ENVigor that they could order. I Researched online & found them to be very comparable to Kumho in most all respects, so ordered one. 195/55/16. Will pull the wheel & bring it in to them to replace the rubber. My question, if I may, what c/t do most use, & why? I tried to find to find this info using the forum search with no luck. Thanks for any replies.
If a car tire is mentioned it needs to be posted on the Darkside forum. Have no fear, this will be taken care of.
The most popular tire is the Kumho run flat for the safety aspect of it. As of right now, the Falken ZE912 is the most popular non run flat!:thumbup: Welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts