GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather in northern Md finally cooperated enough for my "new to me" yellow 02 to get inspected and tags...was close to 50 today, so I was able to take my first ride....all I can say is "WOW"
I bought a 1500 a couple years ago..wasnt sure how much we would ride, but we really enjoyed it and made efforts to squeeze in riding..even to the point that we brought the bike with us on our motorhome vacations
so we decided we could get a newer one this year
I am much impressed with the feel of the 1800 and the power and smoothness.. so happy with the decision.. cant get the grin off my face...now, will have my nose pressed against the window waiting for warm weather ( todays 50ish will be replaced by mid 30s tomorrow). now gotta wipe off all the road salt

thought this might conger up memories of your first 1800 ride....

M

·
0 Posts
The main trouble I had when I was driving home with my new wing was finding my house. I just keep going and doing, It did not want to stop.
It took 50 miles of driving to make the 2 mile trip home.
But the Wife was waiting to go on a ride. ;)

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Bought mine used off Ebay, flew to pick it up. Rode home 800 miles. Got home, my wife said, "OK, it's my turn, take me for a ride." 300 miles later we put it away for the night and rode again the next day. Still smiling 2 1/2 years and 48,000 miles later!!:congrats:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. You'll never find anything wrong with it, that is enough to really make you complain..We bought ours from a dealer 240 miles from our house. My stepson hauled us down there and we rode it home. My wife had already started planning our vacation before we picked it up. All she had ever ridden on behind me was a 95 Suzuki Intruder but she was already hooked. We only got to put 9600 miles :bow: on it before I broke my wrist at work :wrong: and winter set in. We are looking forward to that many or more next summer...:congrats:

·
Registered
105 Posts
To pick up my '02 I flew to Adelaide and rode it home - a distance of around 1200 miles (if my converter is right). Three days on the road was a great way for us to get to know each other.
That was about 40K miles ago and we're still good friends.
:congrats: on the new ride Rod.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
rodwhitejr;2280406. all I can say is "WOW" I am much impressed with the feel of the 1800 and the power and smoothness.. so happy with the decision.. cant get the grin off my face...now said:
The grin comes with the ride.
When I picked up my Wing from a dealer in Pa, I commented on 'how light it felt' compared to my Harley Ultra. The dealer asked if I had ridden a Wing before, told him,"No". He asked. "you bought a new bike without ever riding a Wing before"? I told him, "Yeah, was that a requirement"? I know lots of Wing owners and never met one that said, "Gee, I wish I had a (fill in the blank) instead"! And they all said not to ride one 'til I was ready to write the check.
I asked him if I had made a mistake, he said with a grin, "No"

He was right.
Larry

·
Registered
201 Posts
I also went from a 1500 to the 1800 just recently and noticed a huge difference. How about some pics of the '02?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
We're happy to hear you are enjoying the 1800. When I hopped off a 1500 and onto an 1800, it took me several hundred miles to go 15 back to the house and then another hundred just to makes sure my first impressions were correct.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
I bought my 02 on the ultimate impulse buy. Walked into a shop just to look,and suddenly found myself on a test ride.Bought it on the spot.

Rode it 178 miles the next day,then had to park it for three months while I went to work in Alaska.
I came home and rode it 10,000 miles in three months.

Still smiliing!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
smile

I too went from a 1500 to 1800. Bought it off the gwrra board 3 yr ago. Well I have to say the smile has left my face:-( With a little over 60,000 on the clock. I now have a shxt eaten grin stuck on my mug. It's that feeling of I know a secret :twisted:. I know I'm a riding a multi functional bike, cruz, half fast or balls out, flat land or hills.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts