GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, found out a funny thing about my wing, maybe it's been discuss earlier but I was'nt aware. Anyway, when the engine is warm after a short ride, when you are stopped at a light or in your driveway, in neutral keep the engine revving at 1500 to 1800 rpm for a while (maybe 10 seconds) and see what happens :?
We've tried it on many wings and they were all the same. Have you notice this before? What do you think? Is this normal?

Let me hear your toughts!

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
Sounds like it's time for a ECM reset. :D

Also it might be the remote start circuit breaker acting up. :wink:

later..Randy

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
INTHEWIND said:
Sounds like it's time for a ECM reset. :D

Also it might be the remote start circuit breaker acting up. :wink:

later..Randy
Bad crush washer. :wink:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might be white wing cause if your ridin' even in first gear at a steady 1500rpm it does not happen, only in neutral. Actully you can be ridin' put it in neutral, hold the throttle and it will fluctuate, like if it was cutting off :?

·
Registered
174 Posts
orangewingxlr8 said:
keep the engine revving at 1500 to 1800 rpm for a while (maybe 10 seconds) and see what happens
What's it supposed to do?

Dave

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Mine held a steady rpm. No fluctuation at all and the crush washer stayed in place.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't think that is very good for the engine to rev it up so much. I like to keep mine under 1200 rpm so it will last longer. I also like to change my oil every 500 miles so my gold wing engine will last longer. It may be expensive to do this, but I sleep very peacfully at night knowing that I have fresh oil in the engine and it won't get dirty.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
azblackbird said:
I don't think that is very good for the engine to rev it up so much. I like to keep mine under 1200 rpm so it will last longer. I also like to change my oil every 500 miles so my gold wing engine will last longer. It may be expensive to do this, but I sleep very peacfully at night knowing that I have fresh oil in the engine and it won't get dirty.
Can I have your old oil? :lol:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
azjerry said:
azblackbird said:
Changing oil at that rate, I would be stopping on most of my rides to change the oil before returning home!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
It didn't affect the crush washer or remote start what should it do I'm confused????one of my roller bearing fell out of the stering stem now it shakes a bit with no hands on the handlebars??also I replaced the baseball card in My front spoke and if I cup My hand over my ear just right and get My tongue in a good position it kinda sounds like one of them thar Harley's

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mark Rowell said:
azjerry said:
azblackbird said:
Changing oil at that rate, I would be stopping on most of my rides to change the oil before returning home!
Changing at that rate I would have worn out the threads on my oil pan!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts