GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I'm a little biased saying this having grown up in San Diego but I just did my 50CC from Jacksonville, Fl and got into San Diego last Monday morning where I've been staying with family all week. The longer I am here, the more I realize how freek'in lucky the riders are in San Diego!!! You have perfect weather year round, great scenery and decent roads. I don't want to go back to Indiana! Will be here for the weekend still so I'll get to go to OTL today and enjoy San Diego a few more days.:p

·
Registered
350 Posts
San Diego does not suck.

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
:congrats: on your 50CC; hope it was successful.

SDO is a really, really nice place...drivers are a bit nutz, but there's lots of riding around the area that makes up for it.

Our first out-of-state trip on our Wing was there nearly four years ago...what a ride!

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Good for you! I was just thinking how glad I am that I don't have to be anywhere near there! I guess it all depends on where you grew up!:thumbup:

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
I was stationed in San Diego a couple of times, served my last two years there, and retired from the Navy there and left a year later. I don't care for the cost of living, crowds, traffic, politics, or 100 miles of city in every direction.

It is a beautiful city and a nice place to visit. I rode my new Goldwing out there in March just to enjoy the sites again. But I have no interest whatsoever in living there again. I do not envy those who live there at all.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Went to obbt camp there back in the early 80s and loved it.

Know lots of people who have been stationed there adn all love the weather - but not much else. Too long commutes, expensive, crowded..

Pros and cons. I'd go back for a visit, but wouldn't live there.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Good for you! I was just thinking how glad I am that I don't have to be anywhere near there! I guess it all depends on where you grew up!:thumbup:
:agree:

Congrats on the 50CC...But,

I Was at Camp Pendleton in the 60's, and was not impressed with Dago. Maybe it was because I had developed a TV Image of what I thought it would be. Guess everybody there thought the South was like Mayberry, as well.

I had just as soon go to Jacksonville, Fla. Than back to Southern Calif.

Oh, did I mention that the folks out there weren't very friendly either. Down home, we speak to folks on the street, and they speak back.

Out there if you speak, they act like you are going to mug them.

Oh well, born American by chance....Born Southern by the Grace Of God. :thumbup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I feel the same way after my recent trip to Colorado Springs!

It was beautiful and there are lots of good roads to ride out there.

It sure sucks being "Back Home Again".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts