GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have also posted this on the Harley vs Honda Forum here and just wanted it here as well since I know thatthere are alot of people who dont go to that board. I am not talking about everyone on this board, and once you read this post, deep down inside you will know if this post is talking about you. Most of you folks here are really good people and I am proud to call you my friends. You have taught me much about my Wing while I had it, and as well shown me hoe a group of people whom are spread out across a continent can help each other and become friends without ever even meeting face to face. Thank you for that and all the comradery you have so selflessly given to me.

Now my post from the Harley vs Honda Forum of this board:

Well I said that I would no longer post here, but I feel that I must make a final posting and not only will it be my final post on this forum, but it will be my final post on any forum here on this site.

I have spent the last couple of days watching to see what would happen here after LaMonster cleaned off this board, and low and behold as soon as it is cleaned and everyone pats him on the back for cleaning this place up and removing a certain "Troll" from the board, many of the people whom complained about that "Troll" and what it was that he did and posted here, those same folks just start to Bash Away on people who own Harleys, here on this forum. I know that it is titled Harley vs Honda but I thought that it would help owners of each brand to understand the strenghts and weaknesses of each brand, not be a place to belittle one or the other.

I hope that all of those here that can only Bash can make it to the grocery store this weekend and buy some Windex, go home and go to your bathroom, spray that Windex all over your mirrors, and then wipe them off real good and dry.
Then stand there and look into that mirror and ask yourselves what you see? Remember to think about the last 10 posts/responses that you put on this forum of this board, and ask yourselves if you are really any better than the "Troll" that you all bitched about. I dont condon his actions on this board, but I dont think that too many of you will see a reflection of a person whom is a whole lot better than that "Troll".

I was always under the impression that Goldwing Riders were a "Cut Above the Rest" and the folks that I met at Wingstock DO fall into that catagory.
But the folks that are here bashing away at someones choice in Motorcycles, because it is not a Goldwing, and questioning the reason that someone whom no longer owns a Goldwing for wanting to stay here a be a part of this community, are no better than the "Troll" that has been vanquished from this Board.

I am truly disappointed with the people whom I am talking about, and feel sorry for them, for it seems that in their Bashing they are only lowering my opinion of Goldwing riders in general, and making themselves look like a bunch of Elitest Snobs.

I dont think that the old commercial was talking about Goldwing Owners when they said : "You meet the nicest people on a Honda"

I know that some of you are reading this and saying, oh well too bad for KCButch and his little hurt feelings, this is a Honda Board and not a Harley Board, he should go where he belongs now. All I can say to those people is that my feelings ARE NOT HURT, I am just truly disapppointed and dismayed that what is supposed to be such a "Cut Above the Rest" looks to me to be just another group that cant see they are just fostering the same kind of thing that they point out as a fault with others.

Thanks go out to Toyo,RRIXX, Polecat,Trialsman,Arnbutt,DDKing, Yellowwolf, and the many others of you that were at Wingstock and showed me what it meant to be a part of the real group known as Motorcycle Enthusiasts. I hope to meet up with you guys again and share the road.

As for the bashers on here, I only hope that you find some more joy in your lives so that you can see beyond your Brand Blindness, and realize that you should all be promoting this great sport of motorcycling by inviting everyone and everybrand to join in here and give their opinions, views, and experiences, as that would surely enrichen your lives.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this board and may you all Ride Safe and Ride Often!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
See you at Wingstock 2007, bro. On whatever the heck you want to ride. :D
Don't go away; just take a "time out".
I think that Toyo is heading to Texas sometime soon; you should meet-up and get some bar-b-que.

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
i just think lots of folks take lots of comments way to seriously

nope i don't care for Harleys but everyone is entitled to ride what they choose and i really couldn't care much less what they choose

KC i truely hope your Harley or whatever bike u choose continues to make u very happy

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Met a lot of great guys on HDs doing PGR missions. It's amazing that so many will ride so far in less than ideal conditions to honor a fallen soldier and shield a family. Many rode when I took my truck during a cold rain early last Spring.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I like all bikes no matter what they are. Its just the people that ride them that give them a bad name ! :oops:

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
What's the problem? No one said anything when I got a triked Goldwing; no one said anything when I got a Kawi; and no one said anything when I decided to get a VTX...I really don't think anyone would said anything if I got a Harley...not seriously anyway! We all love bikes and we all love to ride...I think people will kid around and make the HD remarks and vice versa...but all in fun...no? Or am I deluded? Just ride safe and be happy! {going back to my cave now}...
oh, and I really have met the nicest people on Hondas!

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
KCButch said:
Thanks go out to Toyo,RRIXX, Polecat,Trialsman,Arnbutt,DDKing, Yellowwolf, .......the real group known as Motorcycle Enthusiasts.
KC.....you couldn't have picked a better cross-section of men..... :wink: :lol:

............well, maybe you could have!! 8)

Good Luck with your new ride.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
KC, am glad you ride what you like. I ride with several HD riders on a regular basis. They know I respect what they ride and they respect mine, but we do have some fun fussing back and forth. But that is all it is fun.

As far as the Troll I really do not think anyones problem was the bashing, but more that he was nuts. And very anoying. Basicly full of crap.

So KC no reason to leave the frindships you have developed here. No one really cars what you ride. Hang around.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Hedo said:
KCButch said:
Thanks go out to Toyo,RRIXX, Polecat,Trialsman,Arnbutt,DDKing, Yellowwolf, .......the real group known as Motorcycle Enthusiasts.
KC.....you couldn't have picked a better cross-section of men..... :wink: :lol:

............well, maybe you could have!! 8)

Good Luck with your new ride.
Do I detect a bit of jealousy in this here message cuz you weren't listed? :lol: Good Luck KC I would ride with you. 8)

·
Registered
289 Posts
KCButch. I to met and talked to you at wingstock. I do not care what you ride as long as you ride. If your ever back this way give me a call I'll ride with you. The man makes the bike not the bike makes the man.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Goin for a ride with a buddy of mine who has a Vrod today, hope he can keep up with me. :lol: KC, anytime your'e gonna be in Nevada give me a yell. I'd be happy to show you around. Have fun with your'e new ride. It's not what you ride, its that you ride and don't let it sit in the garage. :lol: Take care Tim

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
I would say with almost 13,000 members here there are still a bunch of great folks. 8) I've never understood why people get mad about something they don't have to read and why they always have to say they are leaving because of it. :roll: I don't even ride a Goldwing but I have many good friends here, I'm not going to let the haters effect my relationship with all the good folks here. If you leave because of the few then that's your loss, I would stay because of the many. These guys are some of the most caring and giving folks you will ever meet. Sorry that you have your focus on the bad apples. :?

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
White Gold said:
Do I detect a bit of jealousy in this here message cuz you weren't listed? :lol:
Nope....... :roll: ....I've never met KC, but hope to someday.

it was said due to knowing 4 of the others !!! 8) 8)

·
Registered
902 Posts
LaMonster wrote:
I would say with almost 13,000 members here there are still a bunch of great folks. I've never understood why people get mad about something they don't have to read and why they always have to say they are leaving because of it. I don't even ride a Goldwing but I have many good friends here, I'm not going to let the haters effect my relationship with all the good folks here. If you leave because of the few then that's your loss, I would stay because of the many. These guys are some of the most caring and giving folks you will ever meet. Sorry that you have your focus on the bad apples.
I couldn't agree more with this statement.

G

·
S&W Triker said:
What's the problem? No one said anything when I got a triked Goldwing; no one said anything when I got a Kawi; and no one said anything when I decided to get a VTX...I really don't think anyone would said anything if I got a Harley...not seriously anyway! We all love bikes and we all love to ride...I think people will kid around and make the HD remarks and vice versa...but all in fun...no? Or am I deluded? Just ride safe and be happy! {going back to my cave now}...
But you are a girl, so it means nothing.

(sorry, sorry, couldn't resist the openning, please don't tale this one seriously)
Pat :p

·
Registered
601 Posts
KCButch said:
I was always under the impression that Goldwing Riders were a "Cut Above the Rest"
We Goldwing Riders are mere People as are the harley Riders, Yamaha Riders, or what ever brand of bike you ride.
We are not a Cut Above, nor Below any other Rider.
We are Riders.. 8)
But the folks that are here bashing away at someones choice in Motorcycles, because it is not a Goldwing, and questioning the reason that someone whom no longer owns a Goldwing for wanting to stay here a be a part of this community, are no better than the "Troll" that has been vanquished from this Board.
I do not agree with bashing another person no matter what the reason,
be it their choice in rides, earrings, clothing, hair (or lack of)or what ever.
I have read some of the posts from people I am sure you are talking about, that made me think "Why would someone want to be such an Ass?"
The best way to stop a Troll is to Ignore it.
I dont think that the old commercial was talking about Goldwing Owners when they said : "You meet the nicest people on a Honda"
"You meet the nicest people on a Motorcycle, but there are some that aren't so nice too."
I know that some of you are reading this and saying, oh well too bad for KCButch and his little hurt feelings, this is a Honda Board and not a Harley Board, he should go where he belongs now. All I can say to those people is that my feelings ARE NOT HURT, I am just truly disapppointed and dismayed that what is supposed to be such a "Cut Above the Rest" looks to me to be just another group that cant see they are just fostering the same kind of thing that they point out as a fault with others.
"Cut Above the Rest" .......There is that quote again.
You are assuming that the majority of these people are thinking what you are thinking they are thinking .... (ok that screwed me up .. lol)
Thanks go out to Toyo,RRIXX, Polecat,Trialsman,Arnbutt,DDKing, Yellowwolf, and the many others of you that were at Wingstock and showed me what it meant to be a part of the real group known as Motorcycle Enthusiasts. I hope to meet up with you guys again and share the road.
Now thats a Great bunch of people, and there are at least ten times that many on this board that are good people.
As for the bashers on here, I only hope that you find some more joy in your lives so that you can see beyond your Brand Blindness, and realize that you should all be promoting this great sport of motorcycling by inviting everyone and everybrand to join in here and give their opinions, views, and experiences, as that would surely enrichen your lives.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this board and may you all Ride Safe and Ride Often!
I really hate to see someone leave the board because of a very few people that cant respect others and what they ride.
Just remember all of the Great People on here.
They far out number the **** talkers..

You Take Care KCButch
Ride Safely 8)

P.S. Excellent choice in colors on your Harley .. She is a Beauty
2007 White Gold Pearl and Dark Cobalt Pearl Ultra Classic

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
pbird49 said:
S&W Triker said:
But you are a girl, so it means nothing.

(sorry, sorry, couldn't resist the openning, please don't tale this one seriously)
Pat :p
it's funny, but true, you know! Though people can't tell when I ride a two-wheeler and have a leather shirt and helmet on...then they just don't wave on principle! Here on the forum, there are 99% great people!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would have rather had a Harley. But I could not order the model I wanted . I am not a currently employed or a retired LEO. I wanted the Police Chief Special Heritage Classic. So I bought a pearl yellow goldwing. I think the harley is a lot nicer looking bike than the goldwing ever will be.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Brokeneggyolk said:
I would have rather had a Harley. But I could not order the model I wanted . I am not a currently employed or a retired LEO. I wanted the Police Chief Special Heritage Classic. So I bought a pearl yellow goldwing. I think the harley is a lot nicer looking bike than the goldwing ever will be.
:?: OK
Looks don't get you from point A to point B. Opinions vary.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts