GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
----a Harley or Beemer? Wow!

I did a little 3000 mile ride over the weekend and talked to several riders along the way - mostly HD and BMW riders, men and women too. ( Was it "Hide Your Gold Wing In The Garage Weekend" or what?) Without exception, every rider I talked to was very friendly and enthusiastic. It was fun sharing the road with such a great bunch of motorcyclists.

See you all on the road!

Gizmo

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
My experience also.

Got to make a comment,not as many HD and BMW riders spend a lot of time at Dairy Queen...

Just saying.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Some like motorcycles for the purpose of riding them. Those will usually strike up a conversation with you out on the road regardless what you or they ride has been my experience.

Others that are in it for the lifestyle, not so much.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Is this supposed to be funny?

Is anybody really surprised that a guy who loves his Greeves Griffen or "Gootzee" is really a nice guy who's into bikes?

Of course, you've opened the door for a thousand jerks to contribute to "Gl1800haters.com"

Sorry. I like your posts, Gizmo.

I'm just tired of the turds.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I Know Where A Lot Of Them Where!!!

----a Harley or Beemer? Wow!

I did a little 3000 mile ride over the weekend and talked to several riders along the way - mostly HD and BMW riders, men and women too. ( Was it "Hide Your Gold Wing In The Garage Weekend" or what?) Without exception, every rider I talked to was very friendly and enthusiastic. It was fun sharing the road with such a great bunch of motorcyclists.

See you all on the road!

Gizmo
Gizmo, I’m sorry you didn’t get the memo; well come to think of it, I didn’t either...

I also was out this past weekend and only did a little over 750 and I think most of the Wings were in my state enjoying our roads and sightseeing...

One grope was over 30+ strong...

Couldn’t hardly go around a curve without seeing another Goldwing...

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
It's sad to say.But I've met more friendly'r people on other brands of bikes than I have met on Goldwings.:shrug:

Don't get me wrong I hve met a ton of friendly wingers too,But it seems that other riders are more friendly when in parking lots or stop lights and we chat if time is available.

Bike bashing I feel comes from the "I think I'm better than you because you don't ride what I ride" crowd.
It don't matter to me one bit what bike you own.You are just like me "A Motorcyclist".:doorag:
Show respect & you get it back and likewise to otherway.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
u might want to checkout this BMW rally in Chippewa Falls wi June 30-July 3 :thumbup: only about 80 miles for me so i just might stop in :thumbup:

http://www.bmwra.org/

Good place to park a couple mobile BMW repair truck for the weekend...........
Sorry, just couldn't pass that up

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's not WHAT you ride, its THAT you ride!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Gizmo, I’m sorry you didn’t get the memo; well come to think of it, I didn’t either...

I also was out this past weekend and only did a little over 750 and I think most of the Wings were in my state enjoying our roads and sightseeing...

One grope was over 30+ strong...

Couldn’t hardly go around a curve without seeing another Goldwing...

I'm surprised that didn't draw attention of local law enforcement.

She must have been hot.

:joke:

·
Registered
108 Posts
If I did 3,000 in a weekend, I wouldn't have time to talk.

·
Registered
618 Posts
It's sad to say.But I've met more friendly'r people on other brands of bikes than I have met on Goldwings.:shrug:

Don't get me wrong I hve met a ton of friendly wingers too,But it seems that other riders are more friendly when in parking lots or stop lights and we chat if time is available.

Bike bashing I feel comes from the "I think I'm better than you because you don't ride what I ride" crowd.
It don't matter to me one bit what bike you own.You are just like me "A Motorcyclist".:doorag:
Show respect & you get it back and likewise to otherway.
Got to agree with you totally across the board on this one Rocky especially the Wing issue....I was totally surprised....my wife is the "waver" and she said the same thing. She says the woman on back are all asleep.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I find that the *ssholes on bikes usually stay within 10 miles of their homes. Don't find them on the road.

·
Registered
20,014 Posts
You know what? If people would stop obsessively counting the types of bikes they see on the road, stop trying to equate a rider's personality with the type of bike they ride, and stop posting their observations on the message boards, there would undoubtedly be a lot less public bashing going on. These types of posts happen at least once a week.

It's ironic that many of those who abhor the bashing the most seem to be the ones who are more aware of the types of bikes on the road than most. The last thing I contemplate when I get home from a ride is how many Harleys or BMW's, or Goldwings I saw, because it doesn't mean anything. Does anybody count how many Fords or Toyota's they saw on the road when they are in their car?

I will give Gizmo the benefit of the doubt that he started this thread with positive intentions. But anybody who has been a member of a message board for more than a week has to know it is doomed to turn ugly.

You can't possibly get into a serious debate about this stuff. Too many people are thin skinned and get offended too easily.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Is this supposed to be funny?

Is anybody really surprised that a guy who loves his Greeves Griffen or "Gootzee" is really a nice guy who's into bikes?

Of course, you've opened the door for a thousand jerks to contribute to "Gl1800haters.com"

Sorry. I like your posts, Gizmo.

I'm just tired of the turds.

You were the first turd in this thread.....unnecessary.

I'm pretty sure the point of this thread was a parody of a recent thread regarding a Silver Wing.

·
Registered
631 Posts
u might want to checkout this BMW rally in Chippewa Falls wi June 30-July 3 :thumbup: only about 80 miles for me so i just might stop in :thumbup:

http://www.bmwra.org/
Hows it going CycleDude.
I met you and your friends while sitting on my Wing in Silverton Co. a couple weeks ago.
Nice meeting you. I hope your trip was as good as mine was.
Steelman. :thumbup:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Got to agree with you totally across the board on this one Rocky especially the Wing issue....I was totally surprised....my wife is the "waver" and she said the same thing. She says the woman on back are all asleep.

My sweet little loving wife never waves. in general she feels strange waving. Strange may not be the right word. Maybe unconfortable. Me on the other hand wave at anyone and done give a flip if they wave or not. It is nice to have them return it though. But If someone is waving and I havent moved my left hand, I get told about it. I guess I wave for the both of us. I find Wingers dont usually wave. But some do so I dont miss anybody if I can help it. I dont wave in heavy traffic.

As far as the Beemers, Harleys, Wingers and even the Crotch Rockets are, in general, nice folk. Love to chat with other Motorcyclists. I do find in a parking lot if I am on my cruiser the Wingers feel more standoffish. If on the Wing very friendly. I know that is a sterotype in my mind and a lot of you folks on here are the good part of the crowd and probably the exception to the rule.

Oh and I NEVER stop at Dairy Queen. Now Baskin Robbins thats different

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will give Gizmo the benefit of the doubt that he started this thread with positive intentions. But anybody who has been a member of a message board for more than a week has to know it is doomed to turn ugly.
Oh, yeah, it was all intended to be positive. I guess I should have included "Honda" in my listing as well but the purpose was to show how positive the experience of associating with other motorcyclists can be. So many times we hang out almost exclusively with people who ride the same bikes as we do and then pretty soon we're being critical of them or their bikes. Almost invariably, the people I meet on my rides are as memorable as the ride itself.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts