GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I did !! Our wings are not going to be heavy enough for that triangle on side wall to do us any good. We will get wiggle in tire I believe first . Good read and I can always use more tire info. Maybe ? ;)

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Great! Now I have to worry about a triangle!:banghead::banghead::banghead::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Great! Now I have to worry about a triangle!:banghead::banghead::banghead::lol::lol::lol:
Which from here forward will be forever known as the Darkside Triangle. Beware!:coffee1:

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
The TWI is where the tread wear indicators are located in the center of the tread; has nothing to do with the sidewall.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I always thought that triangle was to mark the wear bars. :shrug:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The TWI is where the tread wear indicators are located in the center of the tread; has nothing to do with the sidewall.
Ken, did you read the article? Do you think it is possible the triangle shaped arrows might have multiple purposes? I haven't check it out since I just ran across it today.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Are those little triangles "chicken strip" markers?

= )

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did some more checking today. And while I still cannot find a discussion of the little triangles, other than discussion regarding wear indicators, I did find a few posts on auto racing forums. On the auto racing forums they do seem to agree the area between the arrow points of the optimal contact patch for a given tire.

Then I went an took a look at a few MT and a few CT and did find cases where the little arrows didn't line up with the TWI (tire wear indicators). Sooo, still don't know a whole lot more, but still find it interesting. BTW, go look at a G709 and the area between two triangle points...that is exactly the wear/traction area of the 709. Oh well, on to bigger and better things.

Tread safely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts