GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
home made HF / Sears trailer .

I know, there are deep sentimental feelings for your little project.

At first your were a little intimidated but you followed the guidelines you found on line and it turned out great!

All of those trouble free reliable miles she gave you, the least you can do is find her a good home.

She won't say anything of course, but she knows you've been skulking around those "other" trailer sites on your computer, late at night, with the lights turned down and the door closed. Give in to the Dark Side Luke!

You deserve that new trailer damn it and no one is gonna stop you!!

First come, first served. The SO says I can have only one. I would take in any stray trailers, thin tread, rust, shot wheel bearings, etc. But alas . . . the boss says I can only have one!

PM me.

If I can't find a "soon to be orphaned" home built there's a good chance we can't make it to Cats Cade !!!

Bradford

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
If you go to the local mall, you may see the little rides for the kiddies to ride on. One might be the little engine with the Pink Panther on the top, and the Inspector in front. Find me one of those cheap (so I can make a trailer out of it), and I'll sell you my Holsclaw trailer. :D

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK then . . . . I'll get right on that Phil!

Neat idea and I wish you alot of luck finding it.

Maybe this thread will get you in touch with the right person to acquire it and since I would actually be responsible for you getting hooked up you'll still sell it to me !!!!!

Yeah, that's the ticket !!!!

Bradford

·
Registered
28 Posts
Used Trailer

We (Trailmaster Inc) took in a home built cargo trailer for a customer out of Washington at Wing Ding last year so he could take home a new Aspen Sentry camper. We still have it for sale. The customer was looking to get $600 out of it. We are located in the Chicago area (about 30 miles west). I don't have pictures right now but could e-mail you next week if you are interested.

It is basically a car top carrier mounted on a frame but is built pretty well.

Let me know,
[email protected]

·
Registered
917 Posts
I just ordered one from Al's Motorcycle accessories above. Unfortunately his helper had a heart attack so it will take a month to put together, but I can wait. It's designed for the 20 cubic foot sears cartopper and he can mail it to me. The trailer body itself is longer than the harbor freight by about a foot. He installs a swivel hitch, narrows the frame almost a foot to fit the box and I believe lengthens the tongue. I ordered one with torsion suspension, 12 inch chrome wheels and it comes with the ice chest rack.

With shipping but no sears cartopper it was $960. to my door. With the cartopper it's quite a bit more because the shipping cost changes dramatically.

It just so happens I have the cartopper in my garage already. I wanted a longer frame than the harbor freight so I can get creative if I want to. Mine will be the first he ever built with torsion suspension that wasn't welded afterwards. He has made this size before with standard springs in a bolt together, easy shipping kit, but I told him I wanted the torsion suspension and couldn't afford shipping on the completed trailer. He figured out how to make the torsion suspension safe and boltable for a kit.

I will probably take it and have the frame welded when I get it, but I know people. It's much cheaper than 2-300 for shipping a crate.

You can get the same kit, 8" painted wheels, spring suspension and no box, delivered to your door for $600.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Or you can go here for the best Lil trailer in the South....www.piggybacker.com $595.00 + $109 to your door.

Beat that! Includes everything you will ever need!

·
Registered
323 Posts
:yes1: :clap2:

glad it worked out! congratulations

1 - 10 of 10 Posts