GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't believe it. I ordered a travel packet from Texas Tourism and got it today. The book is the size of a Sears and Roebuck catalogue with 265 pages. I got another book on hotel accomadations and a big I mean BIG map of Texas.

I have ordered similar packets from other states and never got anything this nice before.

Joyce and I are getting ready for our trip to Grand Canyon and I have been ordering travel packets from various states that we might just spend some time in. By looking at all this from Texas, heck we might just spend the time there... LOL.. Not really but it is a very good set up.

Ross

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Of course the map was big... You aren't talking about Rhode Island, you know... ;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
When we plan a trip 1 day is just to get out of Texas and we have to add 1 day to get back into Texas.
50 miles across town

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Yeah thanks, it was my idea. I didn't want to make any ony mad. I am just kidding. There is alot to see and do here, some thing for everyone. 8)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hey Ross I know what you mean, we just got our travel package from Texas. Alot of information. My wife and I are trying to make plans for a Hill Country visit this spring. Good luck with your trip.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Bob50 said:
Hey Ross I know what you mean, we just got our travel package from Texas. Alot of information. My wife and I are trying to make plans for a Hill Country visit this spring. Good luck with your trip.
Hey Bob you do know about our Gathering the end of March in Kerville.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hey Bob you do know about our Gathering the end of March in Kerville.

Yeah I saw the dates for the Gathering, but it looks like we will be mid April or so. Starting a new job in February, so not real flexible on vacation
time right now.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I spent 6 weeks in Texas once. Most difficult time in my young life. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Name of the City was "Lackland"....LOL

Dawg

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
5Ross said:
.... The book is the size of a Sears and Roebuck catalogue with 265 pages.......
265 pages? That must only cover north Texas :lol:

Let me know if you come through Houston. I'd love to meet you.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Bulldog said:
I spent 6 weeks in Texas once. Most difficult time in my young life. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Dawg
Know what you mean Dawg, those folks in Lackland are not very flexible and simply want to do things their way all of the time. They also seem to want you to stay in Lackland and not go anywhere else for the whole 6 weeks!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Ross - if you make it to Dallas I would love to take you and yours to dinner - just let me know!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Bulldog said:
Dawg
Yeah Dog, I know what you mean...
I spent a week in Texas one night too.
:roll: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
679 Posts
Was driving across Texas some years back enroute from Jacksonville Fl to Vallejo CA, and spent a few memorable days in west Texas. An ice storm closed all the roads. Mostly I remember no hot water (was January), dirt roads and absolutely nothing to do. Even the truck stops closed at 8. Once we crossed into New Mexico it was like night and day..warm, sunny and open roads. Yeh, that really makes me wanna visit west Texas some more, eh?

Ride long and safe..and some things are akin to visiting the dentist..necessary but unpleasant.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
North Florida said:
Was driving across Texas some years back enroute from Jacksonville Fl to Vallejo CA, and spent a few memorable days in west Texas. An ice storm closed all the roads. Mostly I remember no hot water (was January), dirt roads and absolutely nothing to do. Even the truck stops closed at 8. Once we crossed into New Mexico it was like night and day..warm, sunny and open roads. Yeh, that really makes me wanna visit west Texas some more, eh?

Ride long and safe..and some things are akin to visiting the dentist..necessary but unpleasant.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6
You shoulda called me while you was in town. :lol: We coulda went sliding around in my pickup, man that is a hoot. 8)

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Just remember this. If you leave Beaumont driving to Los Angeles, when you are half way to Los Angeles, you are still in Texas!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
jjsC6 said:
Just remember this. If you leave Beaumont driving to Los Angeles, when you are half way to Los Angeles, you are still in Texas!
Yup. Texas takes up a full 1/3 of the ride across on I-10, the biggest third!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Whole nother country....??? It is a country. we just stick around so the USA dont look so small. Texas, love it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
Just think.. Texas use to be part of Lousiana... :wink:

cosmic
Cosmic, is that what they teach you over there :roll: :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts